• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Furry Companions

A. E. Lowan

Forum Mom
Leadership
I am currently writing with a cat who thinks he is being helpful by sitting on my keyboard and sticking his paw in my left ear. *sigh*

Anybody else trying to write with fuzzy help?

Sparkie

Auror
Maggie, my dog, looks at me as if I'm neglecting her whenever I sit down and do something besides pet her. It's worst when I'm writing, I swear. She'll sidle up to me and lean against my leg until I give her a little attention, or until I look her in the eye and say vaminos.

I wonder, does she qualify as a critic?

Chilari

Staff
My cat is not allowed in most of the house. He's an outdoor cat and now I've moved out of my parents house I don't live with him any more anyway. No furry companions at my fiance's house and there never will be because he's allergic. However yesterday as I was going around my town taking photos of old buildings, I was joined by a cat which headbutted my legs and kept me company for about five minutes in one small location.

SeverinR

Vala
Usually, when I am on the computer, I have my dog in the chair beside me or in my lap. (Chipin)

I have a dead laptop that runs Linux from the drive, but the wifi doesn't work, so I have to sit at the desk with it. (I can surf the web, but can't save anything.)

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
My tabby cat Jerry sometimes comes to sleep on my legs while I am writing, and even though I really like it when he does that, all that fur, weight and loud purring can be quite distracting from my Fantasy world!!

Cats are also helpful to cheer you up and provide inspiration and creativity, and they are always mentioned in my stories =)

Jerry also seems to have a knack to know when is the best moment to invade my privacy as a writer...

Steerpike

Felis amatus
I offer for your consideration one feline named Molly, who upon seeing me head out to the back porch to do some writing on my laptop jumped onto my lap, curled up, and was dead asleep in half a second - before I could put the computer on my lap.

steerpike-albums-misc-picture539-molly1.jpg

Kit

Maester
I'd call the furry laptop a vast improvement on your plastic and metal laptop.

Sheriff Woody

Troubadour
My dog used to compete for attention when I was at the computer or TV, but now he just goes to sleep nearby until I get up do to something. Then it's all of a sudden playtime!

Butterfly

Auror
This is mine... with a cheeky grin coz he's on my bed.

snowy.jpg

He doesn't like anyone reading. He'll push himself between me and whatever I'm trying to read. If it's a newspaper or a catalogue, he'll lay flat out on it, look up and sigh, almost as if he's jealous and fed up that it's getting more attention than him.

sheltie%20dog.jpg

Here's my little doggy. His name is Gryffindor.

Edit: I admit this is not him as my camera is broken but I swear he looks just like this XD

A. E. Lowan

Forum Mom
Leadership
These are my two... Shigure the Japanese Chin and Perseus the flame point Siamese mix, from when Percy was a kitten.

CuddleBuddies.jpg

Helleaven

Minstrel
I have two dogs. And most of the time, I love them more than people. Especially nowadays. They always listen to you. It won't matter even if you're mad at them, they'll keep loving you. They'll be sad when you're away, but no matter how long your absence lasts, they'll give you the warmest welcome. You see, I've grown up with dogs. That's how I know they never betray you. So I think I'll prefer their friendship over the hypocrisy of "human race" . (or may be I am some kind of a magnet who pulls persons like that)

Shortly I love dogs.

JadedSidhe

Minstrel
My cat jumps up in my lap and when he lays down, he always tries to push the keyboard tray back into the desk.