• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

BearBear

Inkling
There is historical evidence that biphasic sleep natural for humans. It sure feels great when I do it anyway. Since I happily watch anime and play games in the middle of the night, going to bed at 8, waking at 12, then going to bed again at 5 and sleeping to 8 is better than sleeping from 8 to 4. Better, and with one less hour sleep.

BearBear

Inkling
What anime you watching Bear. It’s been a few years since I dabbled.

I just finished Overlord 4 and that was awesome.

Now I'm watching Mushoku Tensei.

The theme here is Isekai, herem, catgirls (demi's) are a plus, don't judge me or do because that's just how it is and I can't help it. In other words, this isn't kind of gender neutral entertaining like my hero academia. There's a lot of hetero guy centric elements in these Isekai ones for the most part.

I have a huge list of ones I liked, Shield Hero, Reincarnated as a Slime, Re: Zero, No game no life, Darling in the FRANXX, oh, I liked "so I'm a spider so what" a lot and those are all kinda neutral somewhat. I don't tend to like the high school drama ones like fruits basket or my love story, but I did like Magnus Bride because there's a lot of meaty fantasy in there.

I watch on bilibili.tv because Crunchyroll and Funimation like to put up pay walls and their services are so buggy, no way I'm paying for that.

Oh oh!
Tanya the evil - def neutral
Violet Evergarden - I loved this because she's my favorite archetype, tsundere, and she's badass

BearBear

Inkling
You know another one I liked a lot and I'm not trying to make it seem like I'm a lolicon, so remove those weird elements from the enjoyment of this, but "the ryou's work is never done" is fun.

Ones I couldn't get through:
Dragon maid - too in your face big boobs everywhere
Tower of god - too old and weird like just making fun of itself. Anime is serious business dangit!
Girls und panzer
Kiznaiver.

I couldn't do FMA (alchemist) because I don't like that awfully dark stuff. But I liked Deadman Wonderland because of Shiro and she's a crazy badass, my kind of crazy.

I’ve watched enough anime to know what anime is like Bear, no judgement here. That goes for Japanese fiction too

I tried funimation but couldn’t be bothered with it in the end. Maybe I’ll see what there is on my streaming channels. I think the last thing I watched was Mushi-Shi. I keep meaning to watch Cowboy Bebop because it’s a classic but never got round to it.

BearBear

Inkling
I look at Mushi-Shi like I looked at hunterxhunter there's just something off about the animation. I barely got through madoka because of that. I can't watch classic ones either they just all look like sid the sloth to me.

ed8c11036cd61d35f3ba568d46ff9571.jpg

pmmg

Vala
I think I liked the live action one more (shhhh..)

No idea which Anime I enjoyed most. The ones I didn't enjoy, I guess I did not finish. I did not finish evangelion. I think the last one I watched was magical modika somethig something. I did not watch FMA, but I would, I think. Just...I dont wish to give up my time to do it. I am not a purist. If you say...but you have to read the Manga, we will part company.

BearBear

Inkling
People on the internet can be real fucktards. Seriously. I just witnessed someone asking for help and getting bullied for it. It was tragic. An interesting read if it was fiction, atrocious because it wasn't.

pmmg

Vala
Well, I hope you did something.

Looking at my usual web haunts today, I feel I have run out of internet. Youtube, you disappoint.

BearBear

Inkling
Well, I hope you did something.

Looking at my usual web haunts today, I feel I have run out of internet. Youtube, you disappoint.

I did and it will probably be ignored. The one who's doing it probably can't understand it's wrong and the one I stood up for will probably take what I said the wrong way.

A barking dog would have had a more appropriate response and better impact in my estimation.

Rule 1 of the internet: don't feed the trolls.

Last edited:

pmmg

Vala
One does what one can, and dont let it steal your energy. Stuff on the internet is here one moment and gone the next. A week from now, it will be distant past.