• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!
I think I read somewhere that just a ten minute nap is better for you than waiting until later on to sleep at night if you’re tired

BearBear

Archmage
There is historical evidence that biphasic sleep natural for humans. It sure feels great when I do it anyway. Since I happily watch anime and play games in the middle of the night, going to bed at 8, waking at 12, then going to bed again at 5 and sleeping to 8 is better than sleeping from 8 to 4. Better, and with one less hour sleep.

BearBear

Archmage
What anime you watching Bear. It’s been a few years since I dabbled.

I just finished Overlord 4 and that was awesome.

Now I'm watching Mushoku Tensei.

The theme here is Isekai, herem, catgirls (demi's) are a plus, don't judge me or do because that's just how it is and I can't help it. In other words, this isn't kind of gender neutral entertaining like my hero academia. There's a lot of hetero guy centric elements in these Isekai ones for the most part.

I have a huge list of ones I liked, Shield Hero, Reincarnated as a Slime, Re: Zero, No game no life, Darling in the FRANXX, oh, I liked "so I'm a spider so what" a lot and those are all kinda neutral somewhat. I don't tend to like the high school drama ones like fruits basket or my love story, but I did like Magnus Bride because there's a lot of meaty fantasy in there.

I watch on bilibili.tv because Crunchyroll and Funimation like to put up pay walls and their services are so buggy, no way I'm paying for that.

Oh oh!
Tanya the evil - def neutral
Violet Evergarden - I loved this because she's my favorite archetype, tsundere, and she's badass

BearBear

Archmage
You know another one I liked a lot and I'm not trying to make it seem like I'm a lolicon, so remove those weird elements from the enjoyment of this, but "the ryou's work is never done" is fun.

Ones I couldn't get through:
Dragon maid - too in your face big boobs everywhere
Tower of god - too old and weird like just making fun of itself. Anime is serious business dangit!
Girls und panzer
Kiznaiver.

I couldn't do FMA (alchemist) because I don't like that awfully dark stuff. But I liked Deadman Wonderland because of Shiro and she's a crazy badass, my kind of crazy.

I’ve watched enough anime to know what anime is like Bear, no judgement here. That goes for Japanese fiction too

I tried funimation but couldn’t be bothered with it in the end. Maybe I’ll see what there is on my streaming channels. I think the last thing I watched was Mushi-Shi. I keep meaning to watch Cowboy Bebop because it’s a classic but never got round to it.

BearBear

Archmage
I look at Mushi-Shi like I looked at hunterxhunter there's just something off about the animation. I barely got through madoka because of that. I can't watch classic ones either they just all look like sid the sloth to me.

ed8c11036cd61d35f3ba568d46ff9571.jpg

pmmg

Myth Weaver
I think I am one of the few who liked both the animated Cowboy-Bebop, and the live action one.

BearBear

Archmage
Hmm. I tried to watch it and I couldn't find a subbed version maybe a year ago but I have mote options now.

pmmg

Myth Weaver
I think I liked the live action one more (shhhh..)

No idea which Anime I enjoyed most. The ones I didn't enjoy, I guess I did not finish. I did not finish evangelion. I think the last one I watched was magical modika somethig something. I did not watch FMA, but I would, I think. Just...I dont wish to give up my time to do it. I am not a purist. If you say...but you have to read the Manga, we will part company.

BearBear

Archmage
People on the internet can be real fucktards. Seriously. I just witnessed someone asking for help and getting bullied for it. It was tragic. An interesting read if it was fiction, atrocious because it wasn't.

pmmg

Myth Weaver
Well, I hope you did something.

Looking at my usual web haunts today, I feel I have run out of internet. Youtube, you disappoint.

BearBear

Archmage
Well, I hope you did something.

Looking at my usual web haunts today, I feel I have run out of internet. Youtube, you disappoint.

I did and it will probably be ignored. The one who's doing it probably can't understand it's wrong and the one I stood up for will probably take what I said the wrong way.

A barking dog would have had a more appropriate response and better impact in my estimation.

Rule 1 of the internet: don't feed the trolls.

Last edited:

BearBear

Archmage
It doesn't bother me as much as it should but it did make me feel emotions that I don't normally feel much of anymore.

pmmg

Myth Weaver
One does what one can, and dont let it steal your energy. Stuff on the internet is here one moment and gone the next. A week from now, it will be distant past.