• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Get Thee to the Dragon's Egg Short Story Challenge

Steerpike

Felis amatus
"...and it came to pass in those days that many did come seeking to test their skill at words against that of their foe. And the gods of fiction did grin from on high, saying 'accept thee the Dragon's Egg Short Story Challenge."
--The Book of Challenges; 1:13-14

Don't forget about the challenge here: http://mythicscribes.com/forums/challenges/7098-dragons-egg-short-story-challenge.html

Anyone can participate. Even a brief reading of the backstory to the campaign will give you ideas for an entry. And there's a prize!

Sparkie

Auror
"...and it came to pass in those days that many did come seeking to test their skill at words against that of their foe. And the gods of fiction did grin from on high, saying 'accept thee the Dragon's Egg Short Story Challenge."
--The Book of Challenges; 1:13-14

Guess I'm not the only one who can pull off the 'made-up scripture' thing. ;)

Seriously though, everyone, hop right in! You have an opportunity to add to something special here. The first entry is already up, so you can see for yourself how easy it can be.

If you haven't been following the threads, no problem. :) Just take a look at this:

http://mythicscribes.com/forums/dragons-egg-rpg/6661-dragons-egg-rpg-background.html

Cool, huh? Read a few posts, create a story in this world, and comment on other writer's creations. You can do it!

Steerpike

Felis amatus
Thanks, Reaver. Actually, that would be great. Not sure if I will end up with more than one entry, though!

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
Still, your comments are welcome. I'm interested to know how that story works since you're not familiar with these characters of mine. (Also, "Mr. Gnatcatcher" is not Nodrick. He's a distant/long-dead relative, for those who do know the characters.)

Steerpike

Felis amatus
OK, I know people are reading these posts and not entering the challenge. So I'm pulling out all the stops:

I, Steerpike, being of relatively sound mind, do hereby affirm and declare that I DOUBLE DOG DARE, individually, each person reading this post to enter the Dragon's Egg Short Story Challenge.

Thank you.

th

Last edited:

Ireth

Myth Weaver
Now that I'm going on spring break, I believe I may be able to enter this challenge. We'll see what I can come up with before Sunday!

Nihal

Vala
I'm stalking these topics, but I won't join. I'm not particularly a good writer when using my mother tongue - at least I stay clear of atrocious errors -, however, in English I'm even worse. I just don't dare to impose it on you. u.u

(I'm going to keep stalking and reading your stories!)

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
Unfortunately, double dog dares don't work on individuals who own three or four dogs.

. . .

I'm not one such dog owner, but I'm still not joining. Can I judge, too?