• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Greetings fellow human wormbabies ^_^

Fodwocket

Minstrel
Ello everyone,

This forum looks like a lot of fun. I'm a writer and I love fantasy, and especially worldbuilding. I'm really busy at the moment with a bunch of things - I run a website, have a short story comp to judge, am preparing a presentation for Continuum, making stock for a Supanova stall, have a day job, and am competing in this Top Geek competition thing I'm in. Sooooo I probably won't be too active here at first, but I've got you guys bookmarked and I'm very keen to start reading through the threads.

And I can't wait til The Wise Man's Fear comes out, I have preordered my signed copy already (to Alanna of the Fodding Wockets). And I'm absolutely flipping out that Robin Hobb is coming to Supanova. She and Mr Rothfuss are my two favourite writers, so this is looking to be a great year. Now I've just got to find the time to get some writing of my own done.

Looking forward to chatting with you all,
Alanna

Good to meet you! I adore Robin Hobb's farseer series, and the liveship books. Not so fond of the newest, but looking for their next stuff with excitement.

Black Dragon

Staff
Administrator
Welcome Alanna!

I too am counting the days until Wiseman's Fear hits the shelves.

Whenever your schedule eases up a bit, we would love to hear about your writing projects. And then you can also answer the big question: what are Fodding Wockets? ;)

Behelit

Troubadour
Ello Alanna!

We would enjoy hearing about this year's endeavors; share when you can.

Feel free to peruse anytime. See you around!

Fodwocket

Minstrel
Thanks everyone ^_^

I adore Robin Hobb, and yeah, I didn't get into the last two as much, but still thought it was awesome by the end. Looking forward to The Inheritance ^_^ Have you read anything other than the Farseer/Liveship/Tawny Man/Rain Wilds books? Even people who love those tend to tell me to stay away from her other stuff.

Fodding Wockets is just something I derived from Fodwocket. Like an exclamation I suppose, though I use it in many contradictory contexts. Fodding, however, means awesome, and foddingest meant 'the most awesome.' Well, I made it up, but that's what I decided it means. So those must be some awesome wockets.

And generally thanks for the welcome ^_^ I am still busy, got through to the second Top Geek round, am now in the final 15. First challenge we had to invent something then pitch it in a video. Got past that. Not allowed to tell anyone the challenge I'm doing now though ;_; But it involves storytelling, which is yay, and I've managed to come up with something that is spectacularly stupid, but hopefully funny.

And back I go to it!

Black Dragon

Staff
Administrator
Ah... thank you for the explanation, Alanna.

So what is this "Top Geek" competition? I imagine that a few of us have the level of geekiness necessary to win such an accolade. ;)

Fodwocket

Minstrel
http://www.topgeek.iinet.net.au/

That's the link to the comp. Entries are closed for this year, the Top 15 are just competing in the 3rd last challenge now. Getting so close! Winner gets an all expenses paid trip to one of four cons, and I'd totally choose Comic Con. If the comp goes well, they'll run it again next year, so you could enter then ^_^

Black Dragon

Staff
Administrator
Hi Alanna,

That is some picture that you posted for the competition. Wow. I suspect that you have the male vote pretty much wrapped up. ;)

Also, I checked out your homepage. You have some fantastic stuff on there.

Kelise

Maester
Which reminds me, I really need to write up a few posts for Sentience.

Welcome, Lana! Thanks for telling me about this site ;)

A note to all, Lana is going to win that competition. Then we'll be making our way to America. Where we shall meet Rothfuss himself at SDCC!

Behelit

Troubadour
I will be jealous. Comic Con has been sold out since the last couple of months. Now I'll have to wait until after this year's to purchase them for 2012. Which may very well be the last year for CC in San Diego. Ah well, at least myself and some friends have already made plans for it.

Glad to see you are still steady in the competition. I wish you the very best, OP. =)

Hi Lana! Welcome to the forums! You are a busy, busy girl! I hope things slow down for you and you can breathe again. But you seem to enjoy it and I hope you win in the competition. Look forward to reading your works whenever you can post.

Welcome! :)