• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Greetings from Finland

Xavorn

Minstrel
Hello everybody,

Right to the beginning I beg you all to call me 'Xavorn', although some of my friends prefer to Eran. I'm 17 at this moment, so here comes the rain about how other than adults suck at writing, no? :D

As I stated on the thread title, I come from a distant country somewhat unknown for many, but by those who know where it lies call it Finland. My writing 'career' isn't really that long, whereaboutly one year to be exact (the real freetime writing, not just schoolworks), but I hope and do believe that I can get some more insight to fantasy-writing from here.

Now, the most I like about fantasy stories are the battle scenes in them - It's pretty self-explanatory; Huge part of the epicness of a story, in my opinion, comes via action. It's another story how well these scenes can be captured (in other words 'written').

Next, what I totally suck at and / or what can eat up loads of my time; inventing names. Everyone knows that "all-names-are-used", and to invent a name that people haven't already used, yet that sounds fitting / cool is a real brainstorm for me.

Finally, I'm pretty much into having perfect grammar, no matter if it's nitpicking (a wrong letter for example) or whole sentence messed up. Of course I can never reach that point which native English-speakers have, but as close to it as possible, yes?

So... That's me, then, I try to be as active as my freetime allows me to, active and inactive periods vary.
Feel free to ask questions if needed - It's better to have clear thoughts than misunderstood meanings.

-Xavorn

Finland has good music, the kalevala... and sampo! suomi is like the one of the only Finnish words I know heh. anyway, welcome. Stay active and have fun.

Johnny Cosmo

Inkling
Next, what I totally suck at and / or what can eat up loads of my time; inventing names. Everyone knows that "all-names-are-used", and to invent a name that people haven't already used, yet that sounds fitting / cool is a real brainstorm for me.

There is a fantasy naming thread somewhere, so be sure to check that out. Different people have different methods, but I wouldn't say that all names need to be original, and a name that is fitting is far more important.

And welcome to the forums!

Xavorn

Minstrel
Hello,

There is a fantasy naming thread somewhere, so be sure to check that out. Different people have different methods, but I wouldn't say that all names need to be original, and a name that is fitting is far more important.

But where is it? I assume under 'World Building' but then again, being new to any forum just does confuse one a bit.

Thanks for the welcomes anyways. :D

-Xavorn