• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Healthy Mind In Healthy Body...

Caleb

Banned
To write a good scrip. It is necessary that increase your imagery and creative powers. In writing professionals mind is most require then hands. Keep in mind that a health mind only live in a healthy body. Do exercise swimming, cycling and running to make it sure that your body have a healthy mind.

Caged Maiden

Staff
Article Team
hmm... I have a pretty unhealthy mind and I think it flavors my manuscripts with richness. Granted, I write gray-scale characters, but I like that they're somewhat deranged. I would agree though, that stress is the killer of manuscripts. Writing while trying really hard to get things to work is often the worst time to get something good on the page. When I feel myself doing that, I put it down, maybe for a couple days, and work on other things (non-writing things) nd then come back to it. It's sometimes the fresh perspective that really gets your story back on track.

Weaver

Sage
To write a good scrip. It is necessary that increase your imagery and creative powers. In writing professionals mind is most require then hands. Keep in mind that a health mind only live in a healthy body. Do exercise swimming, cycling and running to make it sure that your body have a healthy mind.

At risk of being banned from this site for saying so, I have to disagree with this statement to some degree.

I don't have a healthy body; I never have. I'm as physically fit as I can be, given the circumstances, and I'm much more fit than many people I know who aren't disabled, but to suggest that my mind cannot be healthy because my body doesn't work right... No.

Weaver

Sage
Why would you be banned for respectfully disagreeing with someone?

'Cause sometimes someone in power decides that 'disagreement is argument and argument is fighting and fighting gets you banned.'

Perhaps a better response to the original post would have been "Anybody ever hear of a guy named Stephen Hawking?"