• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hello it is nice to meet you all.

I have been looking at this site for the past couple of days now and have started to get back into reading after a long spell at college this year.

This will be my first real attempt at writing a book though I have had a mixed relationship when it comes to fiction in general.

The first books I ever remember reading as a kid where the tales by Beatrix potter and a little wooden book series called the butterfly children by Pat and Angela Mills.

The first series that got me into literature as a whole however, partly because it was always what my Great Nan used to listen to on her audio books and mainly because up until recently the main controversy if you will, went right over my head was the Dollanganger Series. Though that being said the Flowers in the attic is still one of my favorite books even if i have yet to read all of the others in their entirety. I would make the excuse that I was only eight at the time but since I only realized this morning what the issue was it would be a poor one :D.

Anyway I also Like the Harry Potter series, but not as much as I like Sabriel, Lirael and Abhorsen by Garth Nix (too which I came across a small book called The creature in the case at the end of the year before last).

I also like the Anne McCaffrey's chronicles of Pern to which I currently own four. Dragon Flight (which I read first when I first discovered the series), Dragon Quest, Dragon Song and First Fall. I am hoping to read The White Dragon soon.

That being said I also like graphic novels, my favorites being Black Cat and Fruits Basket to name a couple of them. I did not like death note however and I have yet to actually read Lord of the rings or the hobbit. Though I have read the Iron tower series. I have also just started to read book one of the Crowthistle chronicles.

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well met LeoWolfish
[and I'm assuming that means you are a wolf-fish hybrid and not a little bit wolfie]
This is a great place to learn and share.
Leap on in when the mood takes you.

Welcome to Mythic Scribes Leo (if I may call you that). This is the place for us fantasy folks to converge, the inspiration runs high, the archives run deep. Hope you like it.

Caged Maiden

Staff
Article Team
Welcome to the scribes, where we play and learn and just hang out. This forum is full of great people who have contributed loads to the community. You can meet great folks, check out their portfolios to read their work, and visit the challenges to watch us compete or join in. Hope your stay here is as wonderful as mine has been.