• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hello there

After several years of enduring an awful inner critic, I am officially embarking on my dream of becoming a fantasy author. I'm not new to the publishing world, but this dream is in a different direction than my previous works. Personally speaking, I live in Maryland with three kids, a husband, and a dog. Pasttimes involve primarily reading and gaming. Yes, I'm a proud gamer chick.

I hope to find (and maybe even help provide) inspiration on the forums here. My muse has been quite temperamental lately.

I look forward to chatting with everyone!

Ellian Baker (the new pen name)

TWErvin2

Auror
Ellian Baker,

Welcome to Mythic Scribes and your goal of becoming a fantasy author. Nothing wrong with gaming. A good source of ideas and handy when considering writing characters that include a variety of POVs--including goals, outlooks, attitudes, etc.

Terry

Shadoe

Sage
So, you've decided to replace your inner critic with a bunch of outer ones. Welcome to the club! :)

I've found that talking to people about writing makes me write more. I hope it works for you too.

Sparkie

Auror
While I've been reading posts from this forum for awhile now, I just became a member a couple of weeks ago. Since then I've been the recipient of loads of help and encouragement from the people here. I hope your experience is as good as mine has been. Welcome to Mythic Scribes!

By the way, I think your inner critic and mine would make good friends.

Thanks so much for the warm welcomes!

I managed about 300 words written today, and while that might not seem much, it's more than I've written in quite a while. I'm also nearing completion on my world map. Haven't placed any major landmarks (cities, ruins, etc), but I have the basic geography done and colored.

A belated welcome to you dear.

So sorry I'm late with this... Looking forward to getting to know you!
I live in North VA :) Stop in for a cup o tea any time you are in the area.
:D