• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hello to all members

lizastories

Hi. I am an artist/author based in New Zealand. I write under the name of Liza Fox. After many years painting and illustrating I decided to write a fantasy novel. It is called Taniwha (Maori name for dragon) and is based on the caves and karst landscape of the top of the South Island of New Zealand. It is about 4 heroes attempts to stop an evil Taniwha from destroying the countryside. Taniwha is available as an ebook (Amazon, Barnes and Noble), so I am eagerly awaiting feedback on it. I am currently in the process of writing another. I am looking forward to being a member of Mythic Scribes and becoming part of this awesome community of fantasy writers.
Cheers to all who read this post. Liza Fox

Sparkie

Auror
Cheers back at you, Liza.

The plot for Taniwha sounds interesting. Is your current project a sequel, or something else?

Also, have you posted your illustrations on DeviantArt or Elfwood?

lizastories

Hi. Thanks for replying to my thread. I have left the end of the story Taniwha open, so that if perchance it proves popular I can write another story with the same characters. My paintings and illustrations have so far been birds and botanical work which can be viewed on my website Gouache, Watercolour and Acrylic artworks of New Zealand native birds and flora by Janet Marshall. I also built and published a website for kids on birds, called Kids for Birds. This can be accessed through my website. I have so far kept my fantasy stuff to just writing. I live on a small mountain called Takaka Hill, which has many caves, and this has been the bases for Taniwha.
I shall check out Devianart and Elfwood.
Cheers for now, Janet