• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hello!

chellel

Hi, Im Chelle and I gave up my job as an Occupational Therapist last year to look after my two boys and I had another son 5 weeks ago. I have often toyed with the idea of writing a fantasy novel and haven't really done anything about it yet but as I am unlikely to be returning to work in the next few years I thought I might have a go at it if I get the time. I guess I am really at an ideas stage but would like to get to know people and see where this takes me.
Chelle

Reaver

Staff
Hello & Welcome to Mythic Scribes, chellel! First, congratulations on your most recent blessing!:)

You've definitely found the absolute best place on the web for all things Fantasy & Sci-Fi! There are so many amazing members/authors of varying skill levels from around the world who love to write and who would be thrilled to help you out in any way possible.

I encourage you to check out all the different forums, find the ones that you like and let your voice be heard!:D

After you've made 5 posts, you can check out our Showcase Forum, where many of our members post works in progress, short stories and other things for critiques, reviews and feedback...all with the goal of honing our writing skills.

We also have fun things to do on our Challenges Forum, as well as the Chit Chat Forum, where we can talk about pretty much everything that's on our mind.

If there's anything I can do, please feel free to PM me or leave a message on my Profile page!:Biggrin:

Last edited:

Chilari

Staff
Welcome to the Scriptorium.

Time to write a fantasy novel? With three young sons? Good luck with that! I suspect you'll need it. I got worn out enough by babysitting a few hours a week before I got a job, and that was one very well behaved 6 year old girl. But I wish you good luck trying to find the time, and congratulations on the birth of your third son.

For the rest, what Reaver said. If you do manage to find a spare few minutes at any time, there's always an interesting thread or ten here about all sorts of topics, and I hope you'll find some that are useful to your writing. I look forward to seeing your contributions to the discussions.

San Cidolfus

Troubadour
Well, Chelle, welcome and I wish you the absolute best of luck in balancing your creative pursuits with your family. My best friend once had ambitious fantasy projects, and now he has a two-year-old girl and a new one on the way. Now he only has time to work, take care of his child, and tear his hair out. I hope you achieve the balance you seek.

Klee Shay

Troubadour
Congratulations on the new son. Check him for ideas and make sure you don't throw them out with the dirty diapers.

Welcome to the scribes.