• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hey, hey, hey!!!

Hello all!

I'm very new here and quite excited to have an outlet for some fantasy short stories of mine. My dad's a writer and he's where I get my inspiration. I'm currently working on my first novel and am hoping to get it out in the world. If it never gets seen that's okay too though. I don't really write for fame. I write for me. I've been through some hard times, and am still going through some. It definitely shows in my work, and I hope it's at least good enough for your brains to digest, though I vouch not for my writing skills or creativity. I'm always open for constructive criticism! But how about a little game while I'm on here. After reading some of my work and possibly getting to know me a little, why don't some of you send a PM to me with a guess at my age? I think it may surprise some of you. :) I'm really looking forward to getting some feedback. :D

Last edited:
Usually something involving magic or mythical creatures. A lot of the creatures and 'beings' I write tend to be of my own making, others I'll do my own little twist to them and make them fit the piece instead of working to make my piece fit something someone already created. I do some regular stuff too that's still fiction but has nothing to do with mystical things. I write pretty much anything and everything except poetry. Poetry is my weakness, unfortunately as I am a fan.

Black Dragon

Staff
Administrator
Welcome M.J.!

You mentioned that your dad gives you inspiration. What sort of writing does he do?

We'll look forward to reading some of your work and attempting to guess your age. ;)

Thank you, Terry.

And thank you too, Black Dragon. My dad does pretty much everything. Essays, fiction, poetry, etc. He actually has a couple books out.