• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hey there!

Jimbeaux

Acolyte
Hey there!

I got pointed this direction recently by one of the authors of Round Table Podcast, so you can blame them. :)

I've been writing on and off for a few years, but January found me wanting to actually do this sort-of thing 'seriously'*. The big problem? I'm terrible about sharing my work- I keep feeling that it's not good enough. So... I understand this may be a community that'll help me get over that? (hope hope hope!)

I'm stoked about trying this all out; what I've read here really gets me charged, writing-wise, so ... Here's hoping!

*(What does that even mean? :confused: )

Welcome to the Scribes Jimbeaux. Hmm, I'm sure we can do something to boost your confidence. The critique around here is very good, it comes from published writers, novices, and people who are in exactly the same boat as you. It is honest critique, if something is written in a way which is confusing we will tell you. However it is always constructive. It's comforting to remember there's a lot of people here who are on the same level as you, god knows, we all know writing is not an easy task. Another thing to remember is if you actually listen to advice and critique you recieve, and take it into account, you know your work is only going to get better. You don't have to post your work straight away, feel free to browse the threads, if there's a discussion that interests you it would be good to hear your voice on the matter. If you need anything just message me, I'm fairly friendly, honest. Posting your work is a bit of a leap of faith the first time, but I can tell you from experience that it is a rewarding move. Have fun here,

Aidan ;)

LOCOFOOL

Minstrel
Speaking of people in the same boat as you; I have awful confidence in my writing and a hard time sharing my work. So I can relate to you already. I'm still very new here myself but everyone is so nice and welcoming. I was able to hop right in the forums and post about all my questions and ideas. This is a great place!

Steerpike

Felis amatus
Welcome, Jimbeaux. I hope you enjoy the forums. Feel free to jump right in. People here generally don't bite, and when they do they're more like love bites.