• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hi, new here, nice to meet you all

Hi guys, nice to meet everyone! I'm a special education teacher who has had a fantasy romance story stuck in her head for 30 years. I decided to finally write it and have what I thought would be the first 'book' done but alas its over 225,000 words. So, I'm trying to learn a little bit more about getting published, looking to meet other authors and have fun. Not sure how much fantasy romance is a groaner here lol... Some of my all time favorite fantasy novels are Terry Pratchett's Small Gods, LOTR, Stardust by Neil Gaiman, and Sylvia Mercedes Ventatrix Chronicles.

pmmg

Myth Weaver
howdy OzoneQueen. Welcome to scribes.

I dont think anyone groans. There is much success to be had in fantasy romance :)

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
You had me at Small Gods
Hello Ozonequuen
No groaning is allowed unless it is a terrible pun or joke...

No groaning is allowed unless it is a terrible pun or joke...
Well, you could have a lot of groaning in fantasy romance... ;)

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Welcome. I'm with the others. Nothing wrong with fantasy romance. Or writing a 225k word novel. That's an amazing achievement (I somehow never manage to get more than 80k words in a single story...).

Also, Terry Pratchett and LOTR are awesome!

Jason

Scribe
Hi Ozonequeen

Welcome here. I tried putting a romance into my fantasy debut, but only so I could take it away and create a sense of loss for the MC. However, my (freelance) editor said she wasn't interested in them and didn't think anyone else would be either! I left it in, though.

Nice to meet you Ozonequeen.

Everyone seems to have a different definition of what ‘romance’ entails, which can be problematic at times, but at any rate I would also say that I write fantasy and historical romance, and this genre is something. I also enjoy reading.

Thank you everyone for the kind welcome! I look forward to interacting with you all and engaging in the discussions!!!