• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Howdy

Howdy from Texas. I live among cows and goats and. . . Ok, so I live near cows and goats. I have been writing a bit for a year or so now. I have not really kept track of time much as the endless cycle of college and work seems to make every day run together so maybe its been longer than that.

I started out trying to write horror until I realized that I can not write about regular people without getting really bored, so I turned to fantasy. A pretty funny story related to that is when me and a friend who also writes had a conversation about "What do normal people do?" And that is about all I have to say for now.

Chilari

Staff
Welcome to Mythic Scribes. I wouldn't know what normal people do either. I'm not even sure I've ever met a "normal" person. I'm not sure there even is such a being.

Your choice of thread title made me think of Woody from Toy Story - and Buzz Lightyear's impression of him ("Howdy howdy howdy").

Take part in the various threads and I'm sure you'll find loads on interesting and useful tips.

San Cidolfus

Troubadour
Hello and welcome. Since you and Chilari mentioned it, I actually DID encounter a normal person once.

They really do taste like pork.

I think I saw a normal person once, but only from a distance. Anyhoo welcome to the Scribes Walrusdragon. One of the hardest things I find is trying to include writing in my hectic life, so I know that whole endless cycle of time thingy. Hope you enjoy yourself here, I know I certainly do;).

Reaver

Staff
Welcome to Mythic Scribes, Walrusdragon! As you can see by the posts thus far, the word "normal" is very loosely defined. Hope you find everything you're looking for here!:D

SeverinR

Vala
Hello and welcome. Since you and Chilari mentioned it, I actually DID encounter a normal person once.

They really do taste like pork.
ewwwwww, you got that close? You might have caught it.
I once was getting close to normal, I did a high speed bootleg turn and fled in terror. Normal is no where I want to be....and I would be lonely, all my friends and family are no where near normal.

Welcome, please don't eat the normal people...if you find any, we're trying to convert them.

I think SeverinR got what I was meaning by normal. I don't think I would want to eat the people around here. I would likely end up with clogged arteries.