• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Kill this Thread

Phietadix

Auror
You missed one
Code of Conduct

The Knight follows a strict code of conduct and honor. This can be established between the player and GM. A typical Code of Conduct is provided below. The player may wish some variation on this, but it should be relatively close:

-Courage. A Knight does not flee. So long as any hope of victory remains, the Knight is bound to fight until death or until victory is achieved.
-Defense. The Knight defends her liege, nation, family, and all those who depend on her strength or are under her protection.
-Discretion. A Knight does not demean others, does not gossip, spread lies, or commit slander.
-Excellence. The Knight strives for excellence in everything she undertakes.
-Faith. The Knight has a firm faith in her beliefs. She does not waver.
-Honor. The Knight is honest is dealing with others and quick to remedy an injustice. She keeps her word and follows through on commitments. She performs deeds that bring honor to her and her liege. She does not attack unarmed or helpless foes, or those who beg for mercy.
-Humility. It is unseemly for a Knight to be boastful. She does not trumpet her own accomplishments, but praises the contributions of others.
-Justice. The Knight seeks justice and the 'right' path, without regard to personal interests or bias. She strives to punish the guilty, but remembers that justice without mercy can be unjust it and of itself. She treats others with fairness and honesty, and mediates disputes impartially.
-Largesse. The Knight is as generous as possible.
-Loyalty. The Knight's word is her bond, and an oath sworn is never broken. She keeps sacred any confidence entrusted to her.
-Nobility. The Knight strives for perfection even though she knows it cannot be achieved. She seeks stature by upholding the virtues of her Knighthood.
-Valor. The Knight acts with valor in all things, and faces death in the same manner.
-Death Sentence. The Knight kills those who misintrept posts by saying that the knight plays with wolves

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
You need to alphabetize the codes. Death Sentence goes between these two:

•Courage. A Knight does not flee. So long as any hope of victory remains, the Knight is bound to fight until death or until victory is achieved.
•Defense. The Knight defends her liege, nation, family, and all those who depend on her strength or are under her protection.

I don't mean offense by making light of your character's action, but unless you wrote your own codes, Honor just means you don't attack an enemy who's helpless or begging for mercy. Even then, the wolf isn't helpless—it's still attacking your character!

Like I said earlier, I'm cool with how everyone plays their characters (at least if it doesn't lead to easily avoidable player deaths). Just be aware that whether your character comes off as a hero or comic relief is based on how you write him. Sir Matthew led the charge onto the battlefield: heroic! He even came off as the sensible one when he shot down Baldhart's idea to give the dwarves a ride. But this Wolf Ticklery thing… maybe it's heroic to dog-lovers. I don't know. I'm more of a cat goddess person.

Nihal

Vala
Saved at the 23rd hour!

You won't steal this kill from me. GET OUT!

tumblr_lv44bkNoOb1qfol9c.gif

Humph.

P.s.: @Phietadix I ninja'ed your kill. It's the only kind of ninja'ing you can do after someone posts.

Phietadix

Auror
I've told my tale to the dwarfs.

. . . . .

Well, I've no idea what you're talking about, either.

Sorry, unless you're part of the Dragon's Egg nothing for the last couple of pages will make any sense to you.

Edit: Also, the pural of dwarf is dwarves not dwarfs.

Last edited: