• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Little bit nervous

Telemecus

Scribe
Hi! I have always been interested in writing, and ever since I found this website, I have wanted to join, but was too nervous until now. I can't wait to start discussing all sorts of interesting things.

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Welcome Telemecus
Pull up a chair and warm your toes...
Leap on in when you want to... We do seem to have the most eclectic topics on occasions...

Chilari

Staff
Don't be nervous, nothing to be nervous about. Join in. There's such a variety of different people with different views and experiences (not to mention levels of writing experience) that there's no reason whatsoever to be nervous. So welcome.

Is your name a reference, by any chance, to the son of the cunning Odysseus?

Telemecus

Scribe
Yes, it is! It's a nickname I've had since I was little (which explains the spelling!). This is a novel experience for me. I don't think anyone has ever called me out on that before.

Chilari

Staff
I studied the Odyssey when I was at school and ended up doing a degree in ancient history and archaeology followed by a masters in the Classical Mediterranean so quite a lot of the myths I've come across in ancient texts or painted on vases or depicted in sculpture has alluded to the Homeric epics. My focus remains on ancient Greece (as opposed to Rome). So that'd be why I recognised the name.