• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Might & Magic 10 - RPG Project - Looking for Fantasy Writers

Alamar

Hello there, my name is Ari, and I'm part of a fantasy RPG project called Might & Magic 10: Children of the Void. Our mission is to make the 10th chapter of the famous Might & Magic RPG series. Our project is 100% nonprofit and fan-based.

Our Project
We are currently interested in recruiting fantasy writers to help us build our world. The planet our game is going to take place on is called Axeoth, and there are several continents called Rysh, Lodwar, and Aalondor on Axeoth. These continents are only partially developed so far, and we could really use the ideas and creativity of an experienced fantasy writer to help us finish the world's development.

The continent that I am focusing on right now is called Rysh, and it is heavily influenced by Nordic, Viking, Celtic, Roman, Medieval, and Persian lore, history, and mythology.

Contacting Us
Our project has a Facebook Page and an Official Forum if you're interested in stopping by and taking a look.

If you are interested in joining, you may reply to me on this thread, contact me by private message, or make a post/thread on the M&MX forums. Also if you'd prefer to email me, my email is [email protected]. I also have an MSN handle, which is [email protected].

Thank you very much and I hope I might become a member of this community, as I am a fantasy writer as well! :)

Ari

Black Dragon

Staff
Administrator
Welcome Alamar!

I'm not familiar with the Might & Magic series, although I do recall hearing the name. What is it exactly?

Alamar

Thanks for the replies! :D

Might and Magic is a huge game series that was first started back in 1986. It's still around today and currently owned by Ubisoft Entertainment.

Here's a good place to start learning about the overall series: Might and Magic (Wikipedia)

Derin

Troubadour
I'm very familiar with Heroes of Might and Magic, but not the original series. Do you have a world primer or something?

Alamar

Might & Magic and Heroes of Might & Magic have used the same worlds in many of their games. MM9 and MM10 will use the same world that Heroes 4 and where all of its expansion packs have been staged.

The world is called Axeoth, and here's a fan-made map of the world with several flaws, but overall pretty solid: Fan Map of Axeoth

Grovmel

i looket at the map, fine names, but not that many names who you kinda havent heard before. and since your game is inspired by nordic, than how about one of theese names?:

stavassdal, svenningdal, klovermo, hovelia, fagerlie, karidal, skard marshes, gjota, Eigvidsfield, hesgjota, galdernebben, hjortskarmo, tuftene, blomhammer etc etc. just some very local place names and nobody will claim its theirs, since nobody basicly lives here.

Last edited: