• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

This Might Be the Third Time I've Done This...

Dren

Scribe
In my defense, the last time was probably like... over a year ago.

I'm Dren, or Chloe, and I'm a 29 year old woman in Kansas who works in healthcare and plays Dungeons and Dragons every weekend with a group I've been friends with for about five years. I used to write a lot but then sort of fell out of the habit because of stress and depression and anxiety and all those fun mental health things that make any attempt at a hobby grind to a sudden and abrupt halt if you're not careful. Recently I've wanted to get back into it, maybe to publish but mostly to just get back into being able to write out ideas I have and stick to them.

A lot of my ideas lately have started as sort of... "This but the way I'd write it". The seed is "this thing I acknowledge as published and beloved by a specific audience but I have issues with it", and from it grows it's own thing. Right now it's Harry Potter, but with a girl protag instead of a boy protag and a bit more high fantasy concepts while still keeping to a modern setting. Along with other things that may or may not be cool and chill to call out in this forum because I haven't gauged the vibe yet but if you know, you know.

Right now I think the goal is to just get more comfortable discussing my ideas and getting feedback for them, and then writing them out and going from there.

Have a good one!