• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Myers-Briggs Type Indicator

Velka

Sage
A bit late to the self-analysis party here, but I had to comment because I was genuinely surprised to see all the INTJs here - not often I am in the midst of others who share the same combination of letters as me.

That being said, and like others have already said, those letters (for whatever they are worth), don't have a set-in-stone meaning. Sure, I'm introverted, but it doesn't mean I'm antisocial. I really like other people, but I also acknowledge that being around other people leaves me mentally and emotionally exhausted. I need lots of 'me' time, and time to recharge between social things (which makes the holidays such a gruelling time since there seems to be something to do with someone almost every second day). People who know me well understand when I turn down invites or plans, and those who don't can choke on their egg nog.

I may seem aloof, or reserved, but it's mostly because I'm wandering around in my own thoughts or observations, or I just have no clue what to say. Small talk isn't my thing, and feigning interest in it isn't my strong point. I prefer more meaningful or at least interesting conversations. It isn't the best thing for meeting new people, as small talk is usually the first step in building relationships.

Nimue

Auror
Oh those insults come from almost everyone I've ever met. Never had any friends growing up, everyone thought I was a terrorist or devil worshipper since I was at least 11. The few friends I did think I had were indeed abusive. I'm at least working on understanding other people, but they'll probably never understand me and I accept that.
That...is rough. I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but you sound pretty young. And as you get older, I hope you have the opportunity to find your own community, because often the communities we choose are much more valuable than the ones we grow up in. If, gods forbid, you're still in high school... the world is much better than that. People are better when they have more maturity and autonomy.

A bit late to the self-analysis party here, but I had to comment because I was genuinely surprised to see all the INTJs here - not often I am in the midst of others who share the same combination of letters as me.

That being said, and like others have already said, those letters (for whatever they are worth), don't have a set-in-stone meaning. Sure, I'm introverted, but it doesn't mean I'm antisocial. I really like other people, but I also acknowledge that being around other people leaves me mentally and emotionally exhausted. I need lots of 'me' time, and time to recharge between social things (which makes the holidays such a gruelling time since there seems to be something to do with someone almost every second day). People who know me well understand when I turn down invites or plans, and those who don't can choke on their egg nog.

I may seem aloof, or reserved, but it's mostly because I'm wandering around in my own thoughts or observations, or I just have no clue what to say. Small talk isn't my thing, and feigning interest in it isn't my strong point. I prefer more meaningful or at least interesting conversations. It isn't the best thing for meeting new people, as small talk is usually the first step in building relationships.
Velka, are you my twin sister? ...Well, my actual twin sister is a freaking ENFP, but that's beside the point. I really do like people, but I don't like people as much after two weekends in a row going out and being social. Introvert time is a real thing, and common parlance in my family.

That...is rough. I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but you sound pretty young. And as you get older, I hope you have the opportunity to find your own community, because often the communities we choose are much more valuable than the ones we grow up in. If, gods forbid, you're still in high school... the world is much better than that. People are better when they have more maturity and autonomy.

Nah done with that hellhole, thank goodness, barely made it out. xD I'm only 4 years younger than your profile says you are, though most people guess 12-14. My family, my mate, and nature are all I got. Aside from them, the members of this site are pretty cool too. Haven't been banned or flamed off yet like I usually do in forums. Good thing I really don't mind my lack of social life. Everytime I hang out with people, I feel like I'm wasting time I could spend in the woods. I just need to move out to the country. Dx

Last edited:

Demesnedenoir

Myth Weaver
Nah done with that hellhole, thank goodness, barely made it out. xD I'm only 4 years younger than your profile says you are, though most people guess 12-14. My family, my mate, and nature are all I got. Aside from them, the members of this site are pretty cool too. Haven't been banned or flamed off yet like I usually do in forums. Good thing I really don't mind my lack of social life. Everytime I hang out with people, I feel like I'm wasting time I could spend in the woods. I just need to move out to the country. Dx

If I lived in a city, erm, I, yuck. My country is getting closer to city as the years pass, but at least I'm reasonably surrounded by farms, creeks, and woods. If I could make a living writing, I'd be in Montana or somewhere else west and wilder... but preferably not colder!

Take comfort in the fact that human brains don't actually mature until at least 25. Quite often later than that. Frankly, 20's is still a pup. As a person and writer, past versions of me seem completely different people, only with strangely shared memories.