• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Mythic Fun

Here's is a fun little question I made up yesterday.

You are meeting a mythological figure/deity/whatever for lunch.

1) Who will it be,

2) Which restaurant will you pick,

3) what will you order, and

4), what will you talk about?

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
I'm not a big deity guy, so I hope you don't mind if I trade them for a greek philosopher.

1. Epicurus
2. Any charming old local bar. Any building over 300 years old will do.
3. Wine, wine, wine and a plank of cheese. Perhaps some stroop and celery salt to dip the cheese in.
4. A bit of lifestyle nonsense, a bit of badtalking rival philosophers who became more famous than him, a bit of moaning over the misuse of the word Epicureanism, perhaps I'd try to push him to watch the godfather, but mostly we'd talk about food and whatever topic emerges within our wine-filled minds.

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Here's is a fun little question I made up yesterday.
You are meeting a mythological figure/deity/whatever for lunch.
1) Who will it be,
Radagast the Brown
2) Which restaurant will you pick,
Somewhere quiet. I'm thinking a nice quiet Indian restaurant I know where you sit or lie on the floor and they don't mind the Hookah.
3) what will you order, and
Definitely something Vegetarian and possibly Vegan. Deep Fried Banana Boli and a good dryish Dhal for me... The Sag Aloo is good too [even without the paneer]. I'd recommend the Bhindi Okra...
4), what will you talk about?
I think I'd just let him ramble and listen, and keep the pipe topped up [tobacco optional].

pmmg

Myth Weaver
Well, there are so many...

But my first answer that came to mind would be Jesus of Nazareth... and would ask, 'Are you really are who they say you are?' (little channeling of Judas from JCSS there). And then something along the lines of 'What did you mean by....'

Where would we eat? I don't really care. I would just look poor and probably end up eating bread and fish. (I don't really like fish, but...what do you do when a dude magically makes fish appear?)

Others, well, Zeus of course. Vishnu, Satan, Yoda or Qui Gon (really most anyone from that universe), Galadriel, think Ill stop there, cause it could be a very long list.

Last edited: