• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Mythic Scribes Reading Group

GeekDavid

Auror
As for participation, maybe ask Black Dragon for custom titles our icons. Keep a member roster. Those you participate to the end earn a mark. Earn enough marks and earn the corresponding recognition.

When Le Dragon Blacque gets back to me about the sub-forum I'll suggest that... or since I pointed him to this thread, he might read your suggestion for himself. :Smile:

Quillstine

Troubadour
As for participation, maybe ask Black Dragon for custom titles our icons. Keep a member roster. Those you participate to the end earn a mark. Earn enough marks and earn the corresponding recognition.

Thats a great idea. Might get people to stay in if there is a shiny thing at the end of it!

GeekDavid

Auror
Black Dragon says sub-forums sometimes get lost, so he'd rather see us get it really rolling before he does that. I can see the sense of that, so let's go ahead and get started.

Threads will be posted in the Novels and Stories forum, and will be prefaced with [Reading Group] so they're easy to spot. If you choose to start a thread for the Reading Group, please make sure to use that right at the start of the thread title.

I'll be posting the first one as soon as I decide what theme I want to use for the first batch of books. :Smile:

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
This is an interesting idea I might decide to jump on as well.

Side note you can ignore: Something that may be fun to do on the side as well is a "Sample Group." I have tons and tons of samples on my Kindle. It would be cool to have a group where we could download samples of books, read them, and then discuss what we read, if it encouraged us to buy it, etc. This might help me weed through my samples anyhow. Just a thought.

I'm on board with whatever everyone else is doing. I've tried a couple of books clubs before to no avail (maybe just the wrong books for me?), so I think having one here at Mythic Scribes might help me stick to it.