• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

NaNoWriMo 2020

Lynea

Sage
Would anyone join in if I set up a few virtual write-ins throughout the month? I have a Zoom pro account and would be happy to let people “come” and hangout while writing. Just let me know if you’d be interested. There can be games and all that great stuff.

A. E. Lowan

Forum Mom
Leadership
Would anyone join in if I set up a few virtual write-ins throughout the month? I have a Zoom pro account and would be happy to let people “come” and hangout while writing. Just let me know if you’d be interested. There can be games and all that great stuff.
I think this is a brilliant idea. I can't do it because I'm autistic, among other things, and it would be very stimulating for me, plus no webcam, but I love it. Good think!

SolLilja

Dreamer
I'm definately interested. Can't promise anything though since I'm in Scandinavia and maybe the time difference will make it difficult.

Lynea

Sage
I'm definately interested. Can't promise anything though since I'm in Scandinavia and maybe the time difference will make it difficult.
Ah, yes. The timing will be hard, but I plan to have open sessions for hours at a time so hopefully one can join in at their leisure. Also, a webcam is great but not absolutely necessary. There's always the chat software on Zoom. :)

SolLilja

Dreamer
Ah, yes. The timing will be hard, but I plan to have open sessions for hours at a time so hopefully one can join in at their leisure. Also, a webcam is great but not absolutely necessary. There's always the chat software on Zoom. :)
Sounds good :) I agree that webcam is not necessary, and neither is speaking. The chat works well in my experience from work.

Mine is Prince of Spires.

Almost time to begin. My outline is done. Or rather, the initial version. I'll go over it again today / tomorrow to see if there are places where I can dig a bit deeper. And in other news, I managed to injure my ankle last week. While that in itself sucks, it does mean I'll not do much sports the coming few weeks. Which should give me 3 more days of writing. Looking on the bright side...

Ned Marcus

Maester
I'm doing some last minute deepening of my outline today. I'm not ready, but I'm less not ready than I was last time.

A. E. Lowan

Forum Mom
Leadership
Down to the wire, guys! Time to warm up those pens and keyboards and quills, whatever you like. Good luck!

Anyone hitting it at midnight?

Ned Marcus

Maester
After procrastinating for most of the day (I decided mapping out my next series would be more fun than writing the next book in this one) I've eventually started. A slow start, but I'm 1,400 words into my new novel.

Living in Taiwan, I'm probably some hours ahead of you (assuming you're in Europe or North America). Hopefully, tomorrow I'll be more focussed. No more outlining new series—however much fun worldbuilding is.

A. E. Lowan

Forum Mom
Leadership
After procrastinating for most of the day (I decided mapping out my next series would be more fun than writing the next book in this one) I've eventually started. A slow start, but I'm 1,400 words into my new novel.

Living in Taiwan, I'm probably some hours ahead of you (assuming you're in Europe or North America). Hopefully, tomorrow I'll be more focussed. No more outlining new series—however much fun worldbuilding is.
Nice! I think it's important to make notes like that when they come to you and then get back to your main project, but I also think that those words should be counted in your word count for the day. They're still words dedicated to a project, so they count for NaNo.

Also, go ahead and toss that word count into the word count thread so we can all track our progress together. :) We're going to have so much fun!
NaNoWriMo 2020 Wordcounts

SolLilja

Dreamer
I have completed my first nano-day ever! It was so much fun! I participated in wordsprints on discord and got a lot of words down during those. I'm a bit nervous that thing's won't flow as well when I close in on the middle/last third of the book, which I haven't outlined because I just don't know what will happen :p I sure hope I will figure it out before I get there!

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
I'm Svrtnsse on the nano site too. It's the first time I'm actually registering to take part, but I've done it as a rogue a few times in the past. We'll see how it turns out this time. :)

Lynea

Sage
Alright friends, since my local NaNo region is pretty radio silent, I've decided to host my own virtual write-ins every Saturday of November on Zoom. I will start around 11am in my Standard Central timezone and go till about 6pm. I can send y'all a meeting code privately if you decide to show up. Also, the game I came up with is kinda stupid but I will play awesome piano pieces for you if you cash in your word counts for it (but more on that later).

Have fun writing!