• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

NaNoWriMo Daily Accountability Journal

Butterfly

Auror
Well done Graylorne!!

Day 13 - (unlucky for some)

Managed 3699 to take my total to... 39,780.

Tomorrow, those FIVE little numbers will become FOUR!

C

Chessie

Today: 2,022 bringing my total to 21,887. Feels good to have broken through on that. I have some good scenes happening now so my hope is to do no less than 2000 words the next 4 days I am off work.

well it was an unlucky day for me... shooting for halfway by tonight though!

18,412 right now... that means I'm setting a personal goal of 6,600 in the next 22 hours.

Wish me luck!

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
Day 14: My first "split shift" happened today. Instead of doing all my word count really early in the morning (1am to 3 am, like I'd been doing) I wrote some at around 2 am and did the rest later on. I just made my normal 2,000, which makes me happy. I was fully expecting a sub-par day, but it turned out not too bad. I had one character do something stupidly awesome, so it sort of screwed up the path they were going on. I always like when that happens. Now I need to figure out what to do since it veers off my outline a bit, but I think it needed to happen because everything was kind of coming together too easily.

Total word count now is 34,906 words.

P.S. Just wrote another 184 making it over 35,000!

Butterfly

Auror
Day 14 - 4674 done. Overall total 44454. To go = 5546.

Thinking... In theory I should reach 50,000 by Sunday at the latest, so I am seriously considering upping the monthly goal by 10-20k. Providing I don't end up pooped out on the weekend.

Graylorne

Archmage
1,879 today. Too little to make up for yesterday, but I've cleared up some plot uncertainties, and that's worth something.
And I can't delay too much; my main female character is by now 17 weeks pregnant.

Last edited:
C

Chessie

I'm up to 25,163. It feels good to have passed the midway mark. Its interesting, I had a vague idea of my story and the two main characters at the beginning of NaNo. But now, I have a stronger idea of where I want to take this, and a lot more about the story is being revealed to me. I thought I would do 3 povs at first, but now I'm strongly leaning towards just one. We'll see what happens in the editing process since it could all change.

I'm just glad things are solidifying for me and I'm really glad I just went for NaNoWriMo instead of 'waiting' until I was ready to write the darn novel.

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
Day 15: Been out of town for a couple of days, but still wrote longhand in the hotel and on the bus. I'm dedicated. :) For Day 15 I managed to get up to 36,800 words by mostly sitting in the hotel. It was rough, but I managed. I just got finished riding 4 hours by bus, swam around in several pools, relaxed in a jacuzzi and saw a Hawaiian dance show. After all that, I still stayed away long enough to get some writing in.

Day 16: Wrote on the looooooong bus ride home (traffic jam) and got up to 38,514 words plus what I wrote once I got home. These were two of my weakest days so far, but I figured they would be since I was traveling and doing vacation like things. So not bad, considering!

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
Great job, Butterfly! The first of this thread to reach 50,000. It's also good to hear that you're not finished. I've had a bad reputation in the past of not finishing projects once they hit 50K. I did well to not do that last year, as I continued on to about 100K, but that book was such a mess I have to redo much of it or just chalk it up to a practice novel.

Good luck finishing the rest!

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
Day 17: Day just ended for me, ready to do some midnight oil burning. Pushed into the 40K range now with 40,404 words. Got a little off track with my outline, but I don't think it did any major damage or knocked things off course. It allowed to get some character development in and shift the plot a bit (They were going one place, but have decided to go to a much more dangerous place instead without any sort of idea where they're going to do when they get there. Anger does that!)

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
Day 18: Just ended Day 18 and it was my most productive day yet, mostly in part to several word wars I did. It was actually quite remarkable how much and how fast I can write when I'm doing a battle scene. I just let the words flow out of me. I noticed later when I was writing the aftermath how slow it was coming. Anyway, at the end of the day, I ended up getting 5,309 words altogether. That brings me to a total of 45,713 words. One more day like I just had and I'll be hitting the 50K almost 10 days early! Wow, that would be awesome and I think the first time that's ever happened for me. So 50K by Day 20 would be the goal for now.

Let's do it!

2,750 words before midnight, which was 15 minutes ago... still going.

Digging through treasure in a dead dragons cave. I'm trying not be too envious of my own characters...

C

Chessie

I had some drama to deal with over the weekend so I didn't get much writing done. I'm at 27,613. I'll catch up though with some extra free time this week.