• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

New Guy Here

L

Larion

Hello everyone! My username is Larion, as you can see. I registered bout 5 minutes ago after googling "fantasy author forums" and this is what came up. So, dumb luck is what drew me here :)

I love to read and I want to become a better author, desprite knowing very little about the art of writing. I'm 20 years old, and I hope to improve my writing abilities while I'm here on these forums, so any help/tips would be greatly appreciated :)

Welcome,
Might I just say this now, it is never too late! Hope you enjoy it here.
If you check out the world building section along with the challenges, and showcase that might give you some help.
The challenges are a great way to flex the ol' grey matter, and try something new. :) Sidekick is running a new one your just in time for infact :D
If you hit the chit chat area, you will find a lot of neat ways to get to know us, and us you!
~BL~

Welcome to the site :)

We are pretty friendly, most of the time, I am looking forward to seeing new stuff on here, and we've got a nice growing group of writers.

Sent from my Blade using Forum Runner

L

Larion

It's great to have such a warm welcome. I do have a question, actually. I have six posts (seven, now), but I still can't access the Showcase section of the forums, which is a huge let down for me cause I have somthing I'd like to showcase. It's not much, like only a paragraph or two of my writing, but I'd like to post it and see what others think. Is the Showcase subforum the right place to do this?

EDIT: Well nevermind. It seems I suddenly acquired access :D But I'm still curious if posting my small snippet of writing would be appropriate for that section of the forums.

Last edited by a moderator:

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
Hello everyone! My username is Larion, as you can see. I registered bout 5 minutes ago after googling "fantasy author forums" and this is what came up. So, dumb luck is what drew me here :)

I discovered this site the same way, only I googled "writers forum." Definitely a wonderful discovery.

Welcome!

If its any consolation when I started writing I didn't have a clue what I was getting into. I just suddenly thought "hmm, I want to write a book".

It's great to have such a warm welcome. I do have a question, actually. I have six posts (seven, now), but I still can't access the Showcase section of the forums, which is a huge let down for me cause I have somthing I'd like to showcase. It's not much, like only a paragraph or two of my writing, but I'd like to post it and see what others think. Is the Showcase subforum the right place to do this?

EDIT: Well nevermind. It seems I suddenly acquired access :D But I'm still curious if posting my small snippet of writing would be appropriate for that section of the forums.

Apparently there's a script that runs once an hour that "promotes" users to have access to things like that. So it's not the instant you have 5 posts, but once the "promotion" script runs after you have 5 posts.

L

Larion

Thanks for the greetings, Aidan, Benjamin, and Giant. This forum seems to be full of friendly people :D

L

Larion

Fine with me :D I'm a huge Battlestar Galactica fan :)

Fine with me :D I'm a huge Battlestar Galactica fan :)

:D It came to mind because I played the BSG board game the other night. It's pretty complicated (there's a lot of moving parts) but it's pretty fun, especially when someone swears up and down they're not a Cylon, and then tries to sabotage Galactica when you're about to jump away from a fleet of basestars.

L

Larion

Can't say I've ever heard of a BSG boardgame, but it does sound intriguing from the way you describe it. I just might have to look into it :D

Welcome to Mythic Scribes, Larion.
I'm fairly new here as well but this appears to be a place full of nice and helpful people. I think you found the right spot!