• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

O hai

Krynn

Acolyte
Hi,

My name is Julie. I'm primarily an artist (I'm at Savannah College of Art and Design, majoring in Visual Effects), but I write as a way to generate ideas for potential art pieces.

I'm looking forwards to utilizing the resources provided on this site.

Ireth

Myth Weaver
Welcome here, Julie (or Krynn, whichever you prefer)! There are plenty of resources to take advantage of, so don't be shy about jumping into the discussions. Feel free to share your writing in the showcase too. :D

Krynn

Acolyte
It might take a while before I post any true content- it takes quite a bit of time for me to lock down a concept and create a corresponding piece of art that I feel is up to industry standards (plus I have a shedload of class work). However, I am hoping to eventually share something with community- preferably sooner rather than later.

On a totally unrelated note, I haven't been able to figure out the general attitude towards thread necros, and at what point a post is considered a necro (a week after the last post? a month?). Could you perhaps enlighten me?

Thanks!

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well met Krynn
This is a good place to learn and share.
Leap on in when you have the feeling.
I don't know if there is an offical line on dead topics but threads a month old [and more] have be posted to more than once... If you have something to add to a discussion - I say go for it.
[and now I await a big Black Dragon or associated minions to tell me that I'm wrong... they don't know that I'm wearing my dragon repelling amulet so I'm perfectly safe! Safe I tell you!!!!]

Welcome to the Scribes Julie! I'm not sure what the official rules are either, as laid down by the Black Dragon and his team of Mods, but I myself have been involved in some quite shameless necromancy on several occasions and haven't been hauled away for it. Yet. So until further clarification, if you see an old thread you like don't be afraid to add your voice to it.

Reaver

Staff
Welcome to Mythic Scribes! It's great to have you here!

((EDIT)) Regarding old threads, feel free to post on any thread you like, no matter how old it is. I've been known to revive some pretty old threads myself from time to time. The only thing I ask is that you follow our forum guidelines when it comes to respecting others' opinions and avoiding inflammatory topics such as religion, politics, etc.

Hope you enjoy everything that The Scriptorium has to offer!

Last edited:

Reaver

Staff
...or associated minions

Minions?? We are more than minions, CoJ... We are wielders of the almighty Ban Hammer, protectors of The Scriptorium and defender of its ways. We uphold its laws and serve the public trust. We are bearers of The Red Shield, in the hallowed chat rooms our names are cast in shimmering red, we are MYTHIC SCRIBES MODERATORS!

Last edited: