1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

Online Writing group

Discussion in 'Writing Groups' started by TallyasH3art, Jun 20, 2016.

1. TallyasH3art

TallyasH3art Acolyte

Hello Everyone! I am looking for 3-4 people to start an online writing group. We would submit, read, and review each others work. I would like to have another beginner with me and a few more experienced Fantasy writers. Please no bullying! But honest opinions and critiques are more than welcome! Please no one under the age of 20. pm me or comment below! :)

2. skip.knox

skip.knox toujours gai, archie Moderator

There are a thousand such. Scribophile, etc. Is there a reason why you want to start one here?

I'm not trying to discourage, just trying to understand.

3. La Volpe

La Volpe Sage

Isn't this entire subforum (i.e. "Writing Groups") dedicated to finding/creating writing groups and critique partners?

4. skip.knox

skip.knox toujours gai, archie Moderator

I thought it was more about letting people know of other groups (e.g., Scribophile). But there's nothing in the short description that would forbid forming one here, either.

I did say, "I'm not trying to discourage..."

Forming and keeping running a writing group is tricky and time-consuming. For a new writer, I would suggest joining something that already exists. But the OP may well have had bad experiences, or have some unique need or desire. Thus the second clause: "...just trying to understand."