• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Possible lame-ass movie coming next year?

Too many quick cuts for me to see much of anything and I saw it in IMax. Most of it was just 'superman doing superman' stuff. At this point in the character's history, it's rather bland. Sorry to say.

Just wanted to throw out that it is a reboot if that wasn't clear. They're starting over, so for newbies, it's not "this point in the character's history", but rather the first point in his history.

For me, seeing epic things even from epic characters is always pretty darn awesome. I wanted to stand up and cheer when Superman caught the plane in the last one, and I thought that movie was terrible. To each their own though.

Black Dragon

Staff
Administrator
My guess is that it's supposed to look super cheesy, as an homage to Japanese monster and robot films. The people involved in making it, however, lead me to believe that it will be good.

Guillermo del Toro is an amazing filmmaker. And look at the cast:

Charlie Hunnam (Jax from Sons of Anarchy)
Ron Perlman (Clay from Sons of Anarchy, and Hellboy!)
Idris Elba (Stringer Bell from The Wire)

Something tells me that this is going to be loads of fun.

Shockley

Maester
It's Del Toro with guys he's worked with before. I have confidence that this will at least be acceptable, and probably awesome.

Reaver

Staff
2005's King Kong was Peter Jackson with "guys he'd worked with before" and in my opinion, that movie was the cinematic equivalent of a flaming bag of poop on the front porch. Of course your going to go see what everyone's yelling about but when you get there, odds are you're not going to like what you find.

Am I going to be that guy who goes to see what all the fuss is about? Of course I am. I'm just not going to be the guy who goes running outside willy-nilly and starts stomping it out. I'll err on the side of caution.

In retrospect, perhaps my reaction to Pacific Rim's trailer was a bit overly-critical. My choice of title for this thread follows suit. I think I'll change it a bit.

Last edited:
2005's King Kong was Peter Jackson with "guys he'd worked with before" and in my opinion, that movie was the cinematic equivalent of a flaming bag of poop on the front porch.

Meh. I thought it was pretty good. Not a masterpiece or anything but still a fun adventure movie.

In retrospect, perhaps my reaction to Pacific Rim's trailer was a bit overly-critical.

You
, overly-critical? Perish the thought! :p