1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

Random thoughts

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SeverinR, May 14, 2013.

1. Svrtnsse

Svrtnsse Staff Article Team

Like this?
    At the bottom of each post there's a link that says "Reply With Quote" it includes the post you're reply to as quoted, then you can edit that as you wish.

2. Futhark

Futhark Inkling

Ok thanks I will try that.

3. Malik

Malik Archmage

If you need self-esteem, DOTA, you can always borrow some of mine. I've got plenty to go around.

4. spectre

spectre Sage

Like the game DOTA? :)

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

5. Malik

Malik Archmage

DragonOfTheAerie.

6. Svrtnsse

Svrtnsse Staff Article Team

DirigibleOfTheArcane

7. spectre

spectre Sage

Lol, duh

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

8. Self esteem? More like relief to my paranoia. I have difficulty reading people and knowing what kinds of things are appropriate to say or do in what circumstances. Being aware of that, I'm constantly having to curtail myself and keep track of how my behavior might affect other people and generally be aware. However, I've gotten too paranoid about it...so I end up thinking almost everything I say is "wrong." But how do you not be paranoid when you make wrong moves so easily?

Of course, part of this is my underlying belief that I'm not likable for some reason. (I've been indirectly punished for my quirks in almost every peer group I've been in.) So yes, maybe a little self esteem might help...

9. I relate. Gah, I do relate. I just want to keep from messing up, ya know? I try to avoid saying the "wrong" things but what do you do when it all seems wrong?

Probably long years surrounded by neurotypical teenage girls with whom I cannot relate on any level have trained me that all interests and insights I have are taboo and unwanted. I generally assume I'm being annoying nowadays. Not a good assumption to make.

Not sure whether the solution is "say all the things I'm scared to say" or "don't say anything I'm not sure about."

10. I sometimes berate myself for having picked such a long name :p

11. Could be worse. You could have called your self. Balrog Running Around. Or Snape Hates Infernal Teenagers.

12. Futhark

Futhark Inkling

Peer groups? What are those? I'm too nerdy for the blokes, not a fan of fishing, sports or loud engines. Too tough for the nerds (no, I don't care how good your graphics card is). Turns out I am likeable, witty, generous and sensitive. Have made some great friends over the years but can never seem to hold on to them. Self esteem issues? Hmmm...what day is it?

Thomas Laszlo likes this.
  13. CupofJoe

CupofJoe Myth Weaver

Things every Writer knows AFTER the event....
    This is Indexed - RECEIPTS

Thomas Laszlo and Russ like this.
  14. Futhark

Futhark Inkling

Don't mean to denigrate nerds or people with good graphic cards. This is my first experience interacting with others online and I'm still playing with expressing myself in this format. I am funny in real life (funny looking at least). As to peers I feel that this site can and does provide peers and hopefully, eventually, friends.

Thomas Laszlo likes this.
  15. Russ

Russ Istar

I recommend the latter.

TheCatholicCrow likes this.
  16. TheCatholicCrow

TheCatholicCrow Inkling

HAHAHA .... yeah ... we can't really shorten it to just "dragon" either ... got a few of those around here :)

17. buyjupiter

buyjupiter Maester

I didnt realize I'd be using my French skills this much. I thought I was taking a useless class in school. But now I'm using it to flirt & be all chatty. & I've been using my French A LOT in the last six months. (Compared to the first 15 years post-grad)

18. Thomas Laszlo

Thomas Laszlo Sage

That's cool! So sorry had to revamp my phone and tapatalk got deleted XD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

My laptop refuses to play or rip CDs anymore. I am most displeased.

20. Thomas Laszlo

Thomas Laszlo Sage

Ok some thoughts: 1) School should make exceptions for writers during assemblies and other large events time wise lol so we have time to write XD

2) teens should be able to get some compensation if they have a certain amount of school activities so that they don't have to give up precious time for a freaking job that takes extensive hours

3) They need better ways to have accelerated study programs in highschool. Instead of graduating early what if you had some teachers do before and after school or independent study hours where students could move through material at their own pace and into new classes within the amount of a year so that maybe where a math class might've taken a year now it only takes a semester and then we can move on

4) Highschool students should create a lace where them and their friends can have study sessions and stay all night. So like, a club house sort of thing with beds and a functioning water and electricity system, where they can study and just stay up late studying and sleep well so that their parents aren't awoken by their studying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ireth likes this.