• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Random thoughts

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Sesame Street went there.
I just showed my girls, and my five year old asked all kind of questions. One was a question about why the queen in red wanted to tell her brother on Grover. I had told her that the whiny boy king was her sone and the dwarf who crowned Grover was her brother, but explained that she had another brother, the best swordsman in the kingdom who she loved very much.

Sabina's reply: "If she loves her brother very much, she should marry him."

Last edited by a moderator:
I just showed my girls, and my five year old asked all kind of questions. One was a question about why the queen in red wanted to tell her brother on Grover. I had told her that the whiny boy king was her sone and the dwarf who crowned Grover was her brother, but explained that she had another brother, the best swordsman in the kingdom who she loved very much.

Sabina's reply: "If she loves her brother very much, she should marry him."

YAGpXPd.jpg

This day in US history: the Civil War ended at Appomattox courthouse. I saw this on my newsfeed and read the comments. That was a mistake.

SeverinR

Vala
"Can we hurry this up, I have a wedding to get too."
"Don't lose your head, Ned."
"It appears, You choked, Jeofrey."
"Bring me a blanket, I think Winter is coming."

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
You'll see in book/season 5. It's probably the least innocent comment of all when you know the context, or maybe second to Robb saying that Grover winning the iron chair (nine irons, five irons...) is "the most horrible ending" he can imagine.

I once read a few comments on a youtube video.

The pain.

I made an even worse mistake reading the comments of a video discussing the katana and German longsword. I got dumber for reading that. It was a good ole charlie foxtrot through the whole thing. I learned nothing of value between the qualities of the sword, since the video I watched was highly questionable. And it made me throw up in my mouth a little. Never again!

Tom

Istar
The comments for one music video I watched devolved into racism, throwing slurs around, and vicious trolling. I nearly took an axe to my computer in my rage. I don't get disgusted--I get angry.

ThinkerX

Myth Weaver
More snow so far in April than in February and March combined!

Went outside this morning, just one little white patch left no bigger than a sofa. Went back in, did some chores, did some writing, thought I'd go for a bicycle ride...and there's a bloody inch and a half of snow on the ground (around 5cm for the metric types). It wont last and is already melting, but still...

Plus, despite writing most of 1500 words today, I'm still on Chapter Two of my novella. Been on Chapter Two for most of a week, it seems. Blahhh...

Tom

Istar
I'm going back to the first chapter of my main novel and editing it, again. Every time a new plot point crops up, it seems like I have to edit that damn first chapter. *growl*

I'm going back to the first chapter of my main novel and editing it, again. Every time a new plot point crops up, it seems like I have to edit that damn first chapter. *growl*

I hate it when that happens. I think I've edited my first chapter twice as much as my second and 100 times as much as my last.

Yeah. From reading some of those comments, you would think the Civil War never ended.

Honestly, for some people, it never has. I knew a guy in rural PA that maintains the South was on the right side of history. We got into a Civil War debate several times since I left and each time it ends with me asking a question he refuses to consider. If the CW was a war of Northern Aggression, why did the South shoot first?