• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Random thoughts

Velka

Sage
Just got trolled on tumblr for making a post about feminism and fantasy. Now I am mad as hell and aggressively following every feminism blog I can find. Good times!

I love the image that phrase created in my mind: aggressively following - I just imagine you clicking the follow button really hard and shouting F*CK YEAH FEMINISM!

MineOwnKing

Maester
Not a very productive day for writing but at least Green Bay won.

Its gotta suck to be a Vikings fan. Even when we gave them Favre they couldn't rise to the challenge.

Tom

Istar
OOOH, BURN!

Seriously though, why are they called the Vikings? They should be called the Shy Introverted IT Guys. It might reflect their playing better.

MineOwnKing

Maester
I really do feel sorry for them, but I think that fact only infuriates them more.

They've had great players but the chemistry is never there. If you can't win with a young Randy Moss...I mean really, what more do you need.

Getting rid of the crappy stadium might help over time.

Wisconsin is pretty fired up right now being in the second day of the 9 day gun season for deer. The energy of Packer fans is magnified during this week.

The bars are full of orange hunting jackets tonight.

Reactions: Tom

Tom

Istar
Ohhhhhh noooo, another troll. I just want to go to bed. I don't want to have an argument with someone who thinks patriarchy doesn't exist and the only sexism is beneficial sexism and patriarchy is a feminist construct. Oh my god, stop bugging me and go read a f*cking sociology textbook and you'll see that patriarchy is a real social system and it exists and it actually effects people.

*cries*

Here's a thought: If patriarchy doesn't exist, why are you people so obsessed with telling me so?

Just finished watching Kill Bill Vol. 1...wasn't that impressed. I mean, it was good, but I honestly don't understand the hype and status the Internet was given this movie.

MineOwnKing

Maester
I'm going on a trip with my wife to the Caribbean.

It's a romantic get away without the kids but we are not exactly spring chickens anymore. There will be more time on the beach than in the bedroom.

So, now I'm wondering. Do I bring my laptop and work on my manuscript or leave it at home?

It would be nice not to travel with the extra weight, but what if I get there and feel inspired by the scenery?

Velka

Sage
Bring a notebook to jot down ideas when/should they materialize. That way you spend time with your wife instead of writing, and have some fresh new stuff to work on when you get back.

MineOwnKing

Maester
Bring a notebook to jot down ideas when/should they materialize. That way you spend time with your wife instead of writing, and have some fresh new stuff to work on when you get back.

Yeah,

My wife is very loving and sweet but she is also very brainy and enjoys her space, she's not a chatter bug or clingy.

She is encouraging me to bring my laptop against my common sense and I know her well enough to take a hint hint.

Notebooks don't work for me.

I'm just wondering if I will actually want to write or just go to the Tiki bar for cocktails.

Velka

Sage
Whenever I go on vacation I do bring my laptop, but I have an unhealthy co-dependant relationship with the thing. I personally find I don't write much, if at all, on vacation. I usually allocate the time for some marathon reading.

MineOwnKing

Maester
Whenever I go on vacation I do bring my laptop, but I have an unhealthy co-dependant relationship with the thing. I personally find I don't write much, if at all, on vacation. I usually allocate the time for some marathon reading.

That's another issue I'm having trouble with the last few weeks.

Every time I start reading another author's book, my brain goes into editing mode.

All I see is mistakes that could be fixed and it pisses me off that some of these writers are successful and can just do whatever the hell they want and it sells.

It speaks poorly on the publishing industry and insults me in the efforts I put into my WIP that may never see the light of day.

I'm not sure reading is healthy for me right now.

Russ

Istar
I'm going on a trip with my wife to the Caribbean.

It's a romantic get away without the kids but we are not exactly spring chickens anymore. There will be more time on the beach than in the bedroom.

So, now I'm wondering. Do I bring my laptop and work on my manuscript or leave it at home?

It would be nice not to travel with the extra weight, but what if I get there and feel inspired by the scenery?

I go to the Caribbean a couple of times a year and always bring my laptop. I get a great deal of writing done on vacation.

It helps that my wife is a writer and does the same.

MineOwnKing

Maester
My list of Thanksgiving favorites:

Turkey dark meat with gravy,
Stuffing with raisins,
Creamed carrots,
Sweet potatoes with melted marshmallows,
Pumpkin pie,
Lefse.

The meal is not complete without lefse.

Forecast for snow, should be pretty.