• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Series titles on book covers

Danskin

Scribe
Apologies if I went off topic by commenting on the cover styles :) My shorter answer is yes – put the series info on the front.

I entirely agree about how annoying it could be in a bookstore or online if this information wasn't obvious! Especially back in the day when you couldn't go online and check an author's website.

Alex Reiden

Minstrel
No worries. It just looked like it was starting to take over the thread.

I remember I preferred Borders to some other books stores because they had the kiosks where you could look up book info for their in-store and online catalog. Nowadays, I don't even get to the artists' websites. I'm still wading through all the "you should check out this book I think you'll like," Goodreads recommendations, Amazon review ratings, or even "you want to beta read my next WIP about [a really great premise]." ;)

Rapturez2002

Acolyte
Having an interesting cover helps. It usually will catch my eye and prompt me to look into it more. Also like to know right away if its part of a series. Helps to make sure I start at the beginning and if its part of a long series. (3 or above books)

marcmizz

Acolyte
Another factor to keep in mind is the book's format. For e-books, you only have the front cover, but when it comes to a physical book, you can put the series name on the spine if you're uncertain about including it on the front cover.