• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Series Art

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
Trope_Reboot_Background_5.jpg

A second draft on the inside text. I don't know how well this works, but I want the message of the image to come across more easily, and I'm not sure how else to do that.

@Laurence. I don't think there's much I can do about the stand, but I moved it under the ball a little to try and mask that upper line. I like your suggestion, that the stand should look like it's covering part of the ball, but I don't know how to do it at this point.

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
Trope_Reboot_Final.jpg

Any and all comments are appreciated.

Last edited:

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
Trope_Reboot_Final_2.jpg

Unless someone has a thought, I think I've taken it as far as I have the skills to.

I think it's looking good. I rather liked the examples with text inside the crystal ball more than those with symbols. Lately on my work computer, IE will lock up with a warning to the effect that "The web page is not responding due to a long running script" –and I wonder if something along those lines would work because of the double-entendre of "a long running script" re: tropes.

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
Lately on my work computer, IE will lock up with a warning to the effect that "The web page is not responding due to a long running script" —and I wonder if something along those lines would work because of the double-entendre of "a long running script" re: tropes.

I moved away from the text because I thought it took too long to absorb and called attention to the "does this really look like it's inside the ball?" but "long running script" might be worth trying again.

((edit))

You mean like this?

Trope_Reboot_Final_Again.jpg

Last edited:
I might add a "due" -- Could not scry due to long running script.

With the real world variety, usually I just need to reload a web page or, more often lately, go into Task Manager and close IE then restart it. Not sure how this squares with the idea of rebooting (the whole computer), but then I don't know how crystal balls work. :D Maybe they are more akin to web browsers.

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
I'll keep tinkering with the wording. The bigger pressure is on keeping it short, though.

It looks effectively the same so I'm not going to upload another picture unless there's more to change or it comes to use it.

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
I think this is just about done so I wanted to take a second to say,

Thanks for all of the help, everybody! Especially to Foah, who's 3D rendering helped make the ball look great, and Fifthview, who's line about the long-running script got a laugh out of my wife. I appreciate the feedback, everybody.