• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Skyrim-Weird, Fantastic, and Epic Moments

Been playing this game for a while now. It is pure crack.

I spent something like a straight RL week just hunting furs and making leather bracers. o_O

I used to play Skyrim. Then I took an arrow to the knee.

Anyway, I made a new thief character. One of my companions was killed. Later, I was with a new companion and we ran past her body and the new guy says "oh...what happened?" I thought that was kind of funny. He sounded worried.

lol That's pretty funny.

Chilari

Staff
I fast travelled to a Stormcloak camp at one point. There were these two horses, one on top of the other but facing to the first horse's left, so he's like sitting on the other horse. But then he vanished with a whiny. A moment later, there was another neigh, and I turned around and next to the original horse is the vanished one, dead on his side on the ground. The Stormcloaks seemed unfazed.

I have also spotted the infamous flying horse. Zipping around with a rider on its back, faster than I could keep the camera on him.

One time a dragon attacked some mammoths. It killed one, then I killed it with some arrows (that character was mainly war axe weilding) then when I went to collect the soul and loot, the mammoths attacked me (maybe I hit one of them with the arrows by accident). Those things are tough! Had to drink a few potions to not die.

I've also had the glitch where a dead dragon gives no soul. I kept hitting it, walking through it, using spells on it, looting it etc, but it wouldn't give me its soul. I guess it must have been a ginger dragon...

Linnorm

Dreamer
I fast travelled to a Stormcloak camp at one point. There were these two horses, one on top of the other but facing to the first horse's left, so he's like sitting on the other horse. But then he vanished with a whiny. A moment later, there was another neigh, and I turned around and next to the original horse is the vanished one, dead on his side on the ground. The Stormcloaks seemed unfazed.

I have also spotted the infamous flying horse. Zipping around with a rider on its back, faster than I could keep the camera on him.

One time a dragon attacked some mammoths. It killed one, then I killed it with some arrows (that character was mainly war axe weilding) then when I went to collect the soul and loot, the mammoths attacked me (maybe I hit one of them with the arrows by accident). Those things are tough! Had to drink a few potions to not die.

I've also had the glitch where a dead dragon gives no soul. I kept hitting it, walking through it, using spells on it, looting it etc, but it wouldn't give me its soul. I guess it must have been a ginger dragon...

GINGER dragon?? Isn't the term 'ginger' supposed to be a reference to those few of us who are extraordinarily blessed with red hair? If so, then I take umbrage. UMBRAGE, I say!!

I've occasioned to the dragons attacking mammoths, and then getting waxed by the giant. P***y dragon. I tried attacking a giant, and he went Mark McGwire on my dumb ass--knocked me into the next Hold!

Last edited by a moderator:
For some reason my husband and shadowmere don't get along. I kid you not, when ever I take them both adventuring they always start attacking each other, and then I have to break them up. It's like Shadowmere just looks at Him the wrong way and things just become chaotic.

Ameronis

Dreamer
A weird moment for me was when I was casually leaving Whiterun to look for new adventures to embark on, and once the game had finished loading as I stepped out of the gate, a dragon skeleton materialised out of nowhere and fell on top of me, half stuck inside the walls. It was quite startling to say the least! Neither of the two guards or my follower seemed to be bothered by the occurrence though. Unfortunately the skeleton didn't come with a soul or any loot though. I thought that it was just a temporary glitch, but the skeleton remained there every time I came back to Whiterun for the rest of the play session.

Nothing is more annoying than being in a tavern or a house and trying to speak to someone, and either they're moving and you're trying to keep the camera on them, or worse; you mouse slips slightly, and you end up pressing the interact button on something other than them, like something as simple as an apple which you then end up stealing. Everyone in the room goes ballistic and tries to murder you with no mercy. Having 15 people hunt you down over an accidentally swiped piece of bread is just a tad excessive I think...