• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

So...uh... HI!

Hello, I'm new (obviously!) and thought I'd say a big hello! *hugs everyone*
I've been googling around for writing forums. It's nice to try new ones.
I'm 25 and I'm from England.
I'm crappy at these things. I write stories about demons/vampires and well.. anything that takes my fancy. :cool:

Chilari

Staff
Hi! And welcome! Good to find a fellow Brit around here. What part of our beautiful and damp and currently very cold little country are you from? I'm a Shropshire lass myself.

I look forward to seeing your contributions in the other forums.

Haha, cold is an understatement. I've not stepped outside in nearly 2 weeks due to the - degree weather. brrr. I'm in...*is ashamed to say this* Essex. *waits for the snowballs to hit my way*
No I do not watch Only Way Is (to permanently disgrace) Essex, and no, not everyone in this stinking county is like that. (Just thought I'd clear that up. *brushes off hands*) So... haha. Yeah.
Sorry for the mini rant, but usually I get dumb questions from folk saying "is everyone as bad as on the programme?" and I'm usually ready to hit something. BAH!

La la la... I look forward to participating to this forum too :)

Klee Shay

Troubadour
Hello, I'm new (obviously!) and thought I'd say a big hello! *hugs everyone*
I've been googling around for writing forums. It's nice to try new ones.
I'm 25 and I'm from England.
I'm crappy at these things. I write stories about demons/vampires and well.. anything that takes my fancy. :cool:

Remind me not to take your fancy. My klepto-therapy group would be upset with me if I did. Especially if they read about it, somewhere.
Welcome to the site.

Reaver

Staff
Sorry for the mini rant, but usually I get dumb questions from folk saying "is everyone as bad as on the programme?" and I'm usually ready to hit something. BAH! La la la... I look forward to participating to this forum too :)

It can't be nearly as bad as all the questions I get when I'm traveling through Europe: "Do you own a 44 Magnum like Dirty Harry?" or "Why haven't you switched to the metric system?"

You wouldn't believe how many times I've had to reply to the first question with: "That's a common misconception. But yes, I certainly do." And to the other one: "Well, duh...because we don't have meters connected to our ankles. Jeez."

Anyways...Welcome to Mythic Scribes, DreamingInTheDark! Enjoy!

Chilari

Staff
I don't even watch The Only Way is Essex. Or much TV at all really. At the moment it's limited to How I Met Your Mother, Hustle, and Top Gear.

San Cidolfus

Troubadour
Hello and welcome, DitD. It's nice to see someone with a bit of vim, although I'll warn you about giving out too many hugs. Some of these people haven't eaten in a while.

Black Dragon

Staff
Administrator
Hey Dreaming,

You're off to a good start by selecting your Avatar. I'm a Doctor Who fanatic, as are many other members of Mythic Scribes.

Welcome to the Scribes *returns the hug*, I myself am freezing my arse off in the midlands:cold:, but what can you do apart from the standard Brit response: Go off into a grumbling rant and make a cup of tea:wink:. Anyhoo, look forward to seeing your participation in this most magnificent of fantasy forums.

Thanks for the warm (if not slightly freaky) welcomes :) fyi I am female... Perhaps I should have made that clear in my original post. o_O haha. :)