• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

SPOILERS: GRRM's "A Song of Ice and Fire"

SeverinR

Vala
Today's Game of Thrones episode was disappointing. I wanted to see Joffrey die.

Wait, I thought GOT was over for this season? rerun?
I thought the episode after red wedding was the end of the season?

I too want Joffrey dead. Hmmmmm

Who would you love to see be the one to kill Jeoffrey?
So many people, have good reasons.

SeverinR

Vala
Probably the one with the most reasons, but so far this kitten hasn't found her claws...yet.

I think almost any Stark would have many good reasons, but so few have claws.

SeverinR

Vala
Reading book 1,
Wow,
I was amazed.
GRRM failed in one scene.

He had a neon sign flashing in the book I'm reading. Boom mike in the scene, star wearing a wrist watch.

Lord Baelish was fiddling with his pen. Several sentences later it was a plume.
(R.Stark holding court listening to complaints of the raids, while the King is out hunting.)

SeverinR

Vala
I think it would consist entirely of "Hodor, Hodor, Hodor."

Yes, he is a man of few words. He says Hodor alot...What if Hodor means "idiot" and he just says it with a smile?
Three people in the room, some one says his name, he looks at each and says Hodor. "Idiot, idiot ,idiot."

Flying home to Arizona, might get a chance to read more then a chapter on the plane.

faze

Dreamer
I hate these books, struggled to get through book one and then got to the beginning of book four (I think??) to find that half the characters had been killed off with no explanation, I thought I had missed a book!

refused to read any further and won't ever watch the TV adaptation.

teacup

Auror
Faze, you definitely missed a book in that case. There is a lot of killing off in book 3 (part 2, I think.)
I like the books and the show, and would say to at least give the show a try, but it's your call :)

Did someone say Hodor chapter?
tumblr_lrdnwmnIhb1qf683ho1_500.png

C

Chessie

I hate these books, struggled to get through book one and then got to the beginning of book four (I think??) to find that half the characters had been killed off with no explanation, I thought I had missed a book!

refused to read any further and won't ever watch the TV adaptation.
I never made it past the first book. Although his writing is fantastic, the story itself created a cloud of nausea in my belly and gave me nightmares. Ok, maybe not that bad. ;)

faze

Dreamer
I went back to check and it was indeed from book three to book four, from Storm of swords to A feast for crows.

Eagle

Scribe
I went back to check and it was indeed from book three to book four, from Storm of swords to A feast for crows.

There was Storm of Swords 1: Steel and Snow and 2: Blood and Gold. Are you sure you didn't skip B&G? Because there are no unexplained deaths if you didn't.