• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Successful Agency Seeking Science Fiction and Fantasy Authors

Telcontar

Staff
I just saw this via John Scalzi on twitter. For people actively seeking represenation: you may want to take a look. This agency was high on my list of "query first" when I was trying to go the traditional route. They represent many successful and talented writers.

Ethan Ellenberg Seeking SFF Writers

Ireth

Myth Weaver
I sent a query to Mr. Ellenberg months ago (mid-May) and never got an answer back before the stated six-week response time (end of June), despite including a SASE with my query and sample chapters as requested. Not sure if it got lost in the mail or what. :/

JCFarnham

Auror
I heard the Ellenbergs were pretty good on giving new writers a foot in the door. Sounds good :)

I sent a query to Mr. Ellenberg months ago (mid-May) and never got an answer back before the stated six-week response time (end of June), despite including a SASE with my query and sample chapters as requested. Not sure if it got lost in the mail or what. :/

Has anyone else had an experience like this? Would be a shame if the agency didn't... walk the walk, you know?

Last edited:

Telcontar

Staff
I doubt it. In fact, I'm not exactly sure that the traditionally published authors here have agents, though I could be wrong. I don't recall offhand seeing any of them mention an agent.

Ireth

Myth Weaver
I finally heard back from Ethan Ellenberg about my novel -- it was a form rejection. Got here over a month late, though that might be the fault of my town's crappy postal service. Oh well, off to AgentQuery to search again.

Telcontar

Staff
As above, though I will add that it is an industry convention for published books. Indie authors are simply following suit... ;)