• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

This or That?

Codey Amprim

Staff
Article Team
Okay, so this is a little game I like to throw on the forums and leave my mark with, and usually everyone can enjoy it. It's also a great thing to do when you need to pass the time.

The game is simple; Person 1 presents two items, Person 2 chooses one of the two and continues on by setting up his/her own two items for Person 3 to choose from. Rinse and Repeat.

I'll begin with my classic first question;

The ability to fly OR The ability to become invisible?

Codey Amprim

Staff
Article Team
LotR for sure, that's what brought my into writing!
Although Game of Thrones seems very appealing, I watched the first episode with my girlfriend and she didn't take kindly to the nudity/sexual encounters in it, especially with her little brother in the room watching with us. Wasn't good!
Besides, I've had to have seen the LotR trilogy about 20 times so far. I even watched them in reverse order once... that was a good day lol. I still haven't seen the extended cut of The Two Towers, and it's driving me insane that I haven't yet. The extended cuts are really worth it.

Hmm... now for a new one...

Deaf or Blind?

Ravana

Istar
Being both half deaf and half blind, I can say with some authority that you might not be as happy with that choice as you may think. Not being able to see is a real bitch, of course, but so is not being able to talk to most people. (On the other hand, I imagine we have few blind members here, so.…)

Wings or not, neither would be capable of aerodynamic flight: on the other hand, I still like wings on mine. They're great with hot barbecue. So I'll take Western. Hmm.…

Ability to survive naturally underwater, or ability to survive in hard vacuum?

Last edited by a moderator:

Kelise

Maester
Tough one. I really dislike water, but I guess it's more likely to happen than a vacuum. Though... perhaps I'd like water more if I could survive in. Underwater.

Would you choose to... only be able to eat the same three meals forever BUT they're always fantastic quality... or to be able to eat anything BUT it'll never be more than just edible?

Argentum

Troubadour
My word, that's sorta hard. If you get three fabulous meals all the time you could start to hate it, or it would be come habit. I think I would choose the three meals plan. Even if you could eat anything, it isn't worth it so much when it will always taste awful.

Take the whole world's population and stuff everyone into one small city. Would you rather live in the city where it is extremely modern but equally crowded, or would you rather be the only one living on the outside?

I'd be happy to have the rest of the world to myself. I would communicate with the others via paper airplane message and cup phones on strings. That would just be too much hustle and bustle for me?

Give up Reading
OR
Give up TV and Film

Ravana

Istar
Made that choice ages ago–I rarely give visual media much attention these days.

Medicated, happy and normal… or crazy, depressed and creative?

Last edited by a moderator:

Codey Amprim

Staff
Article Team
Pepsi, only for their products. I like Coke more than Pepsi otherwise, though.

Swordslinger (counting bows as well, basically all physical weaponry) or Magic Weilder?

myrddin173

Maester
Magic

I am by no means an "athletic person." I'd much rather call down lighting and smite my foe while they are still a ways away from me.

would you rather be agoraphobic or claustrophobic?

Kaellpae

Inkling
Claustrophobic, I may not like outside tons, but I would rather be afraid of small, enclosed spaces than be afraid of outside.

Here's one with a little extra choice.

Xbox 360 OR Playstation 3 OR Wii OR Computer version of games?

Codey Amprim

Staff
Article Team
Xbox 360 for sure. Although computer games are a close second. Too many buttons and hotkeys to remember sometimes I suppose.

Drowning in fire or Burning in ice?

This thread is too cool to let die. I need to breathe life back into it.

Burning in Ice. Not only is it a better song title but the former option made me have the idea that the fire was all the way inside my lungs as water would be, flooding each cell of my body somehow. I'd rather not have that, I think.

Being absolutely beautiful physically and very wealthy and only having a remaining lifespan of fifteen years or taking your current form and life for a guaranteed longevity of 100 with assured mental clarity and no massive physical hardships?

Tough one for me, as I'm not especially thrilled with life after college... that being said I don't mind my future prospects financially and although I don't consider myself very attractive, I'm not especially ugly either. So although the rich/attractive thing would be great (I'm a guy, and not exactly comfortable with saying beautiful in reference to myself or other guys) it doesn't help me to the point that it is worth losing 65 years of life. Then again, don't know that I really want to live to 100. I'd go with the second one though.

Normally I might go Biggie or Tupac here, but I know how much you guys hate rap, so: music or television/movies?

EDIT: I didn't want to post again and ruin the flow of questions, but I agree with you Oblivion, Tupac is my second favorite rapper of all time... Biggie is probably fifth or so

Last edited:
Just my opinion but... For your original question I'd have to go with Tupac. I feel he had a better command of the rhythm. I'm not going to answer your actual question, though. I'll leave that to someone else.

Sparkie

Auror
I surprised myself on this. Music, for sure. Then again I am a musician, so maybe I shouldn't have even thought about it. Movies\TV can achieve wonderful things. But if there is magic in the world, its in music. Just my opinion.

Uhm...
I dunno...

Beavis or Butthead?