• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

This or That?

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
I failed to specify I was talking about coffee, but I sense that this implication did not escape Sparkie. Instead, Sparkie chose to avoid the coffee issue, thus preventing a vicious flame war that would have permanently divided the Mystic Scribes forum into a two-party system. Thank you, Sparkie, for that useful post! You have saved us all!

And to answer your question: 4x4

And to answer mine: 16

Okay... I'll handle this^ myself. BOO! BOOOOOOOO! *TOMATOES* BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Surrounded by the overeducated or surrounded by the undereducated?

Reaver

Staff
This is a tough one. But to be honest, I'd rather be surrounded by the overeducated. That is, of course, as long as they're not pompous jerks. I really hate that about some really smart people.

Hey!! My post is #42!!!!! All you Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy fans(the books & TV show, of course, not that horrible movie)...what would Trillian say the odds of the previous question and my response be as it realtes to 42 being the ultimate answer to life, the universe and everything? Awesome.

This is so cool that I forgot to ask my this or that question, so here goes:

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy or Dr.Who?

Last edited:

Sparkie

Auror
Spiked. Edged weapons can be almost null against good armor, but a blunt weapon with spikes can at least bludgeon, even if the spikes don't penetrate armor.

I feel a little creepy after writing that last sentence. I enjoyed it too much.

Big Bird or Barney?

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
Big Bird. I would follow that bird to hell.

What? No, I wouldn't!

Fantasy/RPG video game avatars: all human PCs (Diablo, Monster Hunter, etc.) or mix including nonhuman PCs (WoW, Skyrim, etc.)?

Nonhuman: in fact, I prefer games like Dragon Age and Oblivion/Skyrim where the other characters are exclusively compter-contolled.

Series or stand-alone?

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
Series... but only if each book in the series CAN work as a stand-alone. (I'm being serious... hope that makes sense.)

Beer or wine? (Even if you don't drink.)

Sparkie

Auror
Stand-alone. A long series is a bit overbearing for me. Can't we tell a story with just one book\movie\game\episode anymore?

Aw, damn. Ya beat me to it, Sidekick!

I'm actually a wine guy, but I like beer too. Let there be alcoholic beverages for everyone!

Bacardi or Captian Morgan?

Last edited:

myrddin173

Maester
two, I like things sweet

Since this one got ignored, I'm looking at you Reaver :p, I will ask it again

Would you rather go to Wonderland or Neverland?

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
I would NEVER go to Neverland after discovering this:
After a time he fell asleep, and some unsteady fairies had to climb over him on their way home from an orgy. Any of the other boys obstructing the fairy path at night they would have mischiefed, but they just tweaked Peter's nose and passed on.
From Fairies Wiki; Original source: J. M. Barrie, Peter Pan in Kensington Gardens as well Peter and Wendy, Oxford Press, 1999, p. 132.

...but then, I wonder if Wonderland is any safer from that sort of thing.

Christmas tree: fake or real?

Real, fake just isn't the same. Just watched the Xavier-Cincinnati fight... which was awesome, so I'll have to pose this one:

Would you rather watch an actual planned fight (boxing match, Ultimate Fighting) or a spontaneous sports fight (in a basketball, hockey, baseball, etc. game)?

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
As someone who participated in karate tournaments back in the day, I'd have to go with "an actual planned fight." Hockey fights tend to start with a "cheap shot." There's no real victory if you beat a guy up when he wasn't expecting anyone to throw a punch.

I wonder... when a boxer gets PO'd at his opponent, would he unexpectedly slide a puck into the opposing corner?

Less food or more exercise?

Sparkie

Auror
Tough one for me.

The writing was better with Mike, but the Joel episodes had this goofy, 'anything goes' type of humor that you don't see a lot of anymore. I guess I'll go with Joel, just 'cause he created the show.

Apples or Oranges? (No, i'm not comparing.)

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
Apples. They make the better pie. Plus, when we lived in Hong Kong, my wife would always make sure her mother would get the juiciest orange... which meant sometimes my wife and I would end up splitting a dry one. More like a "yellow," if you ask me!

Let's compare apples to an "Eastern" fruit now:

Apple or jack?
Jack-Fruit-1-B.JPG < jack fruit / jack fruit chips! > 170px-Jackfruit_chips.jpg

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
Well, being from the hometown of Johnny Appleseed (and the invention of plastic, AND Robert Cormier, AND R.A. Salvatore), YAY APPLES!

Hogwarts, since the other academy should have a name considering even the wind is named!

Favorite incorrect mapping of Earth: flat or inside a sphere?