• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

This or That?

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
College sports or Professional?

Whichever has the better teams in your state. College Sports if your school was any good. In my case, Professional. NYU doesn't even have teams for most sports.

Which sitcom character do you relate to more: Leonard from The Big Bang Theory or Barney from How I Met Your Mother?

Last edited:
HIMYM is my s***. I love Barney but I am not similar to him in many ways. I certainly wouldn't call myself a nerd, and I don't have too many similarities with Leonard, but I would have to go with him. I don't watch the show much but he seems like a genuinely nice guy, and I'm not too dumb, so I see myself a bit closer to him. Now, if we put Ted on here it would be way easier.

Same question, who do you identify with more, Phil or Doug from the Hangover?

(Actually, if you want, pick any character from the movie.)

Reaver

Staff
Phil. I plead the 5th on why I relate to him.

Best Joker in a BatMan film: Nicholson or Ledger?

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
Jack. I plead the fifth on why I relate to him.

Best superhero themed film: Batman or Watchmen?

BONUS QUESTION: Which Batman? / Which Watchmen?

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
Best superhero themed film: Batman or Watchmen?

BONUS QUESTION: Which Batman? / Which Watchmen?

Batman Begins. While I enjoyed the Watchmen on one level, it was intended to be a social commentary, with each character representing a different "voice" in society. To that end, none of the characters, I felt, reflected anything close to a voice I could relate to. I thought it was supposed to.

Shows which need to return to television . . . Arrested Development or Firefly? (Or if you prefer, you may substitute Veronica Mars).

Codey Amprim

Staff
Article Team
I didn't mind Arrested Development, so that.

Which show needs to die in a fiery car crash first: Cupcake Wars or Toddlers in Tiaras?

Can I say both? If not, Toddlers. What a terrible concept.

Better Bond, Brosnan or Moore?

(And pick your real favorite if it isn't one of those.)

Reaver

Staff
Daniel Craig. I plead the fifth on why I relate to him.

Better Closeau: Peter Sellers or Steve Martin?

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
Cake or Pie?

Pie is real food. What the heck is cake, anyways? It's fluffy and bland, smeared with liquid candy. I tell my wife that I don't like cake, and even though I'm only talking about cake at its most basic level, it's now part of my reputation.

That said, I eat Entenman's cake all the time and enjoy it, especially a good crumb cake. But Pie wins.

Better breakfast: Pie or Eggs?

Last edited:

Codey Amprim

Staff
Article Team
Ooh tough one. Really depends on how they're used... But I find myself attracted to Wyverns as of late.

Pepsi or Coke products?

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
Curb Your Enthusiasm because characters can freely say **** and **** and... yeah, I'm just typing four asterisks since I'm not sure which four-letter words aren't filtered. I know ******* isn't filtered.

Um... anyway, I'm in HBO Series Mode now, so of the only new ones I actually watch, which is second to Game of Thrones:
Boardwalk Empire or Luck?

(I mean in terms of having a good story, not in terms of gratuitous nudity.)

As to which words are edited... none. And that is what makes it so great! I'm not a huge seinfeld fan. I don't watch either of those so I'll let someone else answer so they can do it justice.