• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

TUSK's series: "Chaotic Good"

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
Chaotic Good is a series that stars Tusk (The Ultimate Sidekick) in episode #1. Some future episodes may shine the spotlight on other heroes.

But for now, here's the cover design:

CGpoundthosehorseteeth.jpg

...assuming 600 x 800 works for eBooks, that is.

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
It does look great, Mr. Legend, but the text fades a lot when you zoom out. I think you need to consider the thumbnail a bit more.

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
It does look great, Mr. Legend, but the text fades a lot when you zoom out. I think you need to consider the thumbnail a bit more.
"Pound Those Horse Teeth" looks fine at 100 px and great at 115 px, but "Chaotic Good" is hard to read, and that's the text that will on every book.

I'll see if a 144 pt font (120 for the captial O and 0 in "Good") will work at thumbnail sizes. I'm using 120/100 now. I like the Cracked font for the series title, so hopefully it works if it's slightly larger. I'd hate to kill the design over the thumbnail, but I can't deny or underestimate its importance. Thanks for bringing that up.

PS- My first-ever book cover design is my avatar. "Legendary Sidekick" is pretty easy to read, even with my knuckles partially obscuring some letters! (Not bad for my first design, and... dammit, I was thinner then.)