1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

What do you listen to?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Elder the Dwarf, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Orc Knight

Orc Knight Archmage

Do you have my playlist?

2. Tom

Tom Istar

For some reason recently I've been playing this song a lot when I write. Personally, I like to pretend he's singing about the Adirondack Mountains here in New York. Although with all the lakes it can't really be called "stranger to blue water".

3. Sheilawisz

Sheilawisz Queen of Titania Moderator

Time for Some Retro Spanish Music!

The following song is called Tómame o Déjame, created by Cantabrian Composer Juan Carlos Calderón and first performed by the successful Spanish band Mocedades, back in 1974. I am not sure if you English speakers are familiar with Mocedades songs, but they are quite a classic in the Spanish-speaking world.

This one in particular brings strong childhood memories to me, since it was one of my father's favorites and he would sometimes sing it during family gatherings, with a glass of Scotch in his hand. The song is very sad, since it's all about a woman that feels awful because she knows that her husband is cheating on her, and at least in my experience the voice, music and lyrics transmit the sadness really well.

Even today in 2019, plenty of people in Spanish-speaking countries keep crying with this song.

4. Sheilawisz

Super Retro Spain once Again!

This song here is the unfair Finalist of Eurovision 1973, and I say unfair because it should have won that year. Another creation of Composer Juan Carlos Calderón, performed for the first time by Mocedades and certainly yet another of my father's favorites to sing during cheerful family gatherings over thirty years ago.

The Super Classic Eres Tú marked an entire generation back then.

5. Sheilawisz

La Oreja de Van Gogh - La Playa

A beautiful song from 19 years ago, quite a classic already and one of my personal favorites in my language.

6. Chessie2

Chessie2 Staff Article Team

Descending from the new Tool album "Fear Inoculum".