• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

What do you listen to?

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
Resurrecting this thread again, inspired by the recent writing music thread:

Here's a current favourite track - dark, atmospheric, and rhythmic.

Last edited by a moderator:

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
My friend just released this mashup mix they made. It's not the best of mashups, but it sort of kind of works. Kind of...

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
I picked up a Decemberists album at Starbucks last week. Glad I did. As a parent, I especially appreciate "Better Not Wake the Baby"

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
I'm listening to some tunes by this guy - mostly because that instrument he's playing looks rather spectacular. It also sounds pretty cool.

C

Chessie

Pandora's station on "Skyrim type music" as I named the channel. Orchestral game music basically to calm my nerves and help me feel the Dovahkiin within me.

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
Kite's new video just got released today. It's beautiful, both visually and musically. Do give it a chance and have a look.

(admittedly, the guy who runs their record label is an old acquaintance of mine, but it's still a great song and video).

Tom

Istar
Today the sun was out and it was 75 degrees Fahrenheit! (...I feel like it should be spelled "Farenheidt". Probably because I'm German.)

It's been so long since we've had nice weather. Winter's finally over, so I felt this song was appropriate.

Ireth

Myth Weaver
Discovered this today. Wasn't a fan of the original (even though I love lots of Eurhythmics' stuff), but this gives me chills.

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
I have fallen in love with yet another Lyriel song!

[video=youtube_share;rbV8_Sw__dQ]http://youtu.be/rbV8_Sw__dQ[/video]

That is White Lily, by Lyriel - Leverage 2012

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
A friend of mine just linked me this. I figured there might be people here who find this interesting/amusing.

Jabrosky

Banned
Derek and Brandon Fiechter are great if you want some fantasy instrumental music for inspiration and a writing soundtrack. They're influenced by cultures all over the world.

Jabrosky

Banned
And as much as everyone disliked the Halle Berry interpretation of Catwoman (personally she's a favorite of mine, whatever may be said of the movie she was shoved into), I have to say this was a nice piece of soundtrack: