• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

What if you had a Clone?

Let's say that an exact copy of you was made, and by exact I mean 100% exact. The other you has your personality, memories, preferences, and every other aspect about you. Do you think you both would "hang out" and become friends? I had a dream last night that this happened and I lived in a city where my roommate was me. At first it was fine but then it got annoying. It's not that being the same bothered me it was just that I would want something and the other would want it just the same as me and even though we were the same person, we each desired to have for our own. It was really weird and now have all these ideas for a possible novel haha.

So what do you think? How would you like to live with yourself, more than you already do?

Martinus

Scribe
As with the Highlander, there can be only one! I don't imagine I'd like a copy of myself all that much.

I always find it odd that most people's response is that they would not like a clone of themselves. It's rather ironic that you wouldn't want to be in your own company.

I read a book like that once, only the harvesting was being done by the parents of the cloned girl without her knowledge or consent. Pretty creepy stuff.

The Island started with a similar premise (clones raised in an isolated "paradise", ignorant of their ultimate destiny as patient-specific organ farms), then devolved into a Michael Bay explodathon.

Helleaven

Minstrel
The world we live in is not ready for two Helleavens. Should that happen; the sky would collapse, the mountains would rise up and walk away, the stars would start to fall down, the seas would vaporize, and the ground would tremble and tear apart...

Joking aside, I would try to kill it to see how much he (I ?) can endure, how long it takes to kill it, how are his actual fighting and agility skills when it comes to a matter of survival...

Then I made him go to work/school instead of me due to find more time for writing.

Chatting would be annoying, because all the thoughts are the same. He would always agree my opinions since they're actually mine.

And since he is the exact copy of me, he would try to do all of these to me! Thus, he must be destroyed.

All of a sudden I feel sorry for myself...

Last edited:

Chime85

Sage
I'd use this chance to see my faults. As they say, it's easier to see faults in others. Apart from that, I see a major crime wave in my future if I had a clone hehe

x

Steerpike

Felis amatus
Your clone is going to be a copy of you. So just like you're going to try to have it doing all this stuff, it is going to try to have you doing all this stuff. So you'll probably have to come to some arrangement and split the work and fun. Your clone isn't just going to do whatever you say any more than you'd do whatever it says.

Your clone is going to be a copy of you. So just like you're going to try to have it doing all this stuff, it is going to try to have you doing all this stuff. So you'll probably have to come to some arrangement and split the work and fun. Your clone isn't just going to do whatever you say any more than you'd do whatever it says.

That's exactly what happened in my dream! One of us would want something and even though we were the same we wanted it only for "our self" and not the other.

Jess A

Archmage
Would you have your clone working at a different job? That might be weird to be working together! Or would it?

I was making a joke. ;)

Realistically, I would take her travelling with me. I don't often complain, I like to see everything and I am willing to try most things. I have been told that I am an ideal travelling companion, though I do enjoy travelling alone in a lot of cases.

It would also be interesting to brainstorm with myself.

I was making a joke. ;)

Realistically, I would take her travelling with me. I don't often complain, I like to see everything and I am willing to try most things. I have been told that I am an ideal travelling companion, though I do enjoy travelling alone in a lot of cases.

It would also be interesting to brainstorm with myself.
Brainstorming would be fun... are you seriously willing to try almost anything? Including brussel sprouts? You got nerve, Little Storm Cloud.
Seriously.