• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

What other form of media do you picture your book as?

SeverinR

Vala
I picture my work as the first full length holographic movie maybe even with smell-o-vision.
Not really, mixing the old and the new. (I think they tried Smell-o-vision in the 60's? ....Yep, I was right. lol)

SeverinR

Vala
I've wanted to make art of my characters, but I'm afraid stick figures don't make for engaging aesthetics.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
I thought it would be good to use photoshop and create characters from pictures and put them in period clothing. It was harder then it looked. I try to accumulate clothing that a character might wear but don't try to put people into them. Photomanip is an art form unto itself.

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
Music videos. I take a lot of inspiration from music and music videos, and I'd like to think most of my stories would fit great in that medium. To amuse myself, here's an incomplete list of stories along with the artist who'd provide the music.
- Enar's Vacation - Shpongle
- Emma's Story - Lindsey Stirling
- Toini Comes Home - Leonard Cohen
- Kala is Alone - Nadja

Also, I can see Enar's Vacation as a Ghibli style anime.

Movie and mini-series'. I actually want to be a filmmaker more than a novelist (in fact, I'm trying to go to school for film), but since I can't make movies right now, I just write everything as a novel. Hopefully, though, I'll be able to turn some of these novels into films.

Like most writers, it's all too easy for me to picture my WIP as a movite (it's fast-paced and has a ton of action). But actually, it's influenced by a lot of computer games (there's even what I refer to as boss battles between characters), so I'd love to see a developer like Naughty Dog bring the world to (digital) life. It's definitely inspired by their Uncharted and maybe just a hint of The Last of Us.

I'd like to see my work as an animated movie in the Record of Lodoss Wars style or Ninja Scroll and maybe even an mmorpg.

Sent from my Alcatel_4060O using Tapatalk