• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

What's your current favorite book/series?

mia.seth455

I always have an endless list of books I love. One I am currently favoring is The Mortal Instruments. I want to hear yours!

Demesnedenoir

Myth Weaver
The Name of the Rose by Umberto Eco always jumps to mind, along with LoTR and ASoIaF. And, of course, Eve of Snows, heh heh.

pmmg

Myth Weaver
Mine, of course ;)

I dont know. Probably Watership Down. I am not what could be called a voracious reader. I am more of a sporadic reader. Last book I read that I enjoyed was the divine comedy.

From members on the site, I liked Malik's Dragon's Trail, and Outpost, by Mr. Ervin. (Not Gotten to Eve of Snows yet, I am in writing mode).

Slightly more unusual picks: The Black Magician Trilogy by Trudi Canavan, and The Gentlemen Bastards series by Scott Lynch.

Or if you like local indie books; the Crystal War Saga... ;)

The White Queen which the second part of a whopping fifteen book Plantagenet series. It was on offer on good old Amazon and I wanted historically accurate inspiration for my series that I’m working on. I’ve also just started reading a novel called The Wolf and the Woodsman which is set in a really intriguing world.

HD-wallpaper-the-white-queen-2013-girl-actress-people-tv-series-the-white-queen-man-woman-actor.jpg

If you’re talking about this one pmmg, I can’t stop saving snapshots from this for inspiration.

pmmg

Myth Weaver
I put a link above. I am not sure, but it looks right...but there have been a lot out in the last few years. Its seems a period the miniseries people like to visit. So far, I liked all I had watched. But I did not see the one of Mary Queen of scots.

I have seen a documentary on Richard the III, and of course, they found him. I might be the one you are looking at. I dont know.

Actually, looking at the picture, I think that is the actor who played Richard in the background. The others have blended too much for me.

I think you put the link up just as I had posted, yes it’s the same one. I think Jodie Comer starred in a new one called something similar, but I just don’t see Jodie as Elizabeth of York…

I have so many historical dramas on my never ending list. I watched some of the Tudors when it came out (hello Henry Cavill) but also need to watch The Borgias. I have The King on my list too. So many things to watch so little time and all that.

pmmg

Myth Weaver
There are two Borgia tv series out. I saw the earlier one with John Doman playing the title role. I've not seen the more recent Netflix one. I feel like, been there done that already. It was good, but gritty.

I feel I've hijacked this girls thread enough....going back to books :)

pmmg

Myth Weaver
I dont even know what the last series I read was. I read a lot of book 1's, but not too many series's. I read the Silmarillion recently, that's kind of a series book.

My favourite series at this point is probably The Long Price Quartet by Daniel Abraham, while my favourite individual book is probably Children of Time by Adrian Tchaikovsky.