• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Writing Contests: Any good ones?

Hello! I have been writing for years but really haven't done anything with my short stories which are mostly fantasy. So my question to you is do you know of any writing contests i would be able to enter. I have found one and would enjoy to enter many more

Butterfly

Auror
If you are willing to do a bit of work in writing reviews to receive reviews, you can register at http://www.thenextbigauthor.com/ and sign up with youwriteon.com for a chance to win a pro-crit on opening chapters or short stories.

That's the only one I know of really.

Last edited:

TWErvin2

Auror
An option other than seeking contests for short stories is to submit them to magazines and ezines for publication.

TWErvin2

Auror
well would be some good publications to send them into

It all depends on the story (stories). Different markets publish stories depending on their audience and editorial preference. You'd have to do the research as you know the stories better than anyone else.

A good place to start seeking possible markets is Duotrope . Another place, especially for speculative fiction, is Ralan.com - Home Page .

I have a few more places here on my website if those don't work: marketsearchsites

Good luck.