• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Three Things Thread

Aegle

Minstrel
1. To pluck brows or take off my shoes, go barefoot and embrace this whole Romanian peasant thing? ;]
2. Is juggling three books beneficial, or discrediting the author?
3. I want a baby Drizzt plushie. ;_;

Leuco

Troubadour
1. Drizzt plush dolls sound cool. Do they really make those? I'm picturing a soft, purple skinned troll doll with white hair and a pair of swords-- a lot like those Alvin and the Chipmunk dolls they used to give away at Burger King. Man, that was a looooooong time ago. I am so old.
2. Went back to work last week. My boss is a complete idiot. So much, that I've discovered a new appreciation for the Dilbert comics in the business section of the LA times. I'm wondering how many fantasy villains were inspired by horrible bosses...
3. Ah, yes. Football season draws near. Fantasy draft tomorrow. I'm still torn between Foster and Peterson. High fives to anyone else playing FF. Suddenly, the world is new!

1. Loved having my entire family visit this week. Also, glad they're gone from our teeny apartment. They pulled a trailer full of our stuff here from halfway across the country, and I was finally able to start unpacking. I think I did pretty well, considering my kids wouldn't stop following me/making messes in places I had just cleaned.

2. Why won't children just GO TO SLEEP? We moved the 'baby' into a regular bed because, well, now that there IS a regular bed in the girls' room there isn't space for her pack and play (portable crib). She's 16 months, though, so not too terribly young. Related: I tend to talk about my kids a lot on here. Sorry.

3. I've been spending more time on writing forums lately than actually writing. Should fix that. After a few more threads. :p

1- Is finishing up his character design for his Pathfinder game tomorrow while on the clock at work
2- I recently have been pouring over Ideas of what to do next in my life. You never can sit Idle at one thing for two long and I have been a pet nutritionist for more than 5 years now.
3- I am concerned the economy will force me to postpone my trip to Maine to see my family this Holiday.

1: New Tattoo on my left forearm that says...

गते शोको न कर्तव्यो भविष्यं नैव चिंतयेत्।
वर्तमानेन कालेन वर्तयंति विचक्षणाः॥

2: 11:56PM here and I'm still on a business call to Singapore. I need to sell more copies of my book so I can be self-sustaining as an author. Come on Mythic Scribes, help a brother out and buy a copy. I've sold in the hundreds already...need to get to thousands and beyond to make some cash! :)

3: I love crystal light peach ice tea.

1. I was interrupted while watching the young turks by a phone call from my grandma... yay
2. I went to the army recruiting office to exercise only to find out they were not doing it today...
3. My grandparent are being total bakamono about how I'm doing stuff, they even had the gall to say I was being selfish! obaa-san to ojii-san shindekutasai (お婆さんとお爺さんが死んで下さい。)!

Misusscarlet

Minstrel
I am working on learning how to drive (sad, I know that I do not know how to drive.) so I can go to the bookstore, they're to far to walk to :(. Woe is I.

I gave my kitty KiKi a bath today, she did not like it. I repeat, she did not like it.

I typed up the first four chapters of my book today, I can't think on a computer so I use pen and paper when I write my book then type it up on my laptop and edit from there.

And I know that is 3 things but;

Nastiest food I ever ate was Chicken Liver.

Greatest food is Oysters. (Yea, I know your laughing and going wth? Just so you know though, they work. rofl).

Argentum

Troubadour
Really debating about trying out NewNovelist 3. $50, but you can have your book read back to you and that part's really tempting.... The rest is interesting too, but there's a sad lack of reviews for this program.

Have aged another year. *sigh* As a kid you think your birthday's something special, but really it's just a very quiet 'click' as the clock sets you forward another hour. :S I'm still in my early twenties and my birthday makes me depressed....

Well, 10:30 am. Should finally get dressed and start the day. :p

Leuco

Troubadour
Finally got evaluated by my boss. Now my coworkers are learning what they're doing is wrong. But of course you can't tell them that because they are stubborn. Also, I think they hate me.

Dancing with the Stars is soooooooooooooooooooooo long. I really like Ron Artest, but I'm not impressed by his new name. For the last couple of years, he's shown a lot of maturity and class. Now it's like he's turning himself into a clown. I'm disappointed, but I guess I still admire his free spirit and promotion of world peace.

My fantasy football team is 0-2. Things don't look good, but I still have a chance. I think my players have a good schedule ahead of them.

Go Dollar Menuaires!

Argentum

Troubadour
Preparing for the coming Nano! When I shall break my writing fast and write like mad! So excited! Creating as much as I can about my stories in preparation. I can't wait! Still have to buy that netbook. Soon! The weather finally cooled some and the autumn feel is making me want to write all the more.

Starting a juice fast tomorrow with my sister for general weight loss and just plain cleansing. Sounds good, I would like to feel ultra healthy again. Already spent the week skipping desserts (woe!) but I feel better for it.

Work has gotten so busy lately, so many new kids coming. Thankfully we hired a new teacher....who went and got food poisoning... So no idea when she's coming in. *hoping for a nice, quite, slow day*

CritterPoor

1- Just moved 600 miles from all of my friends & family
2- Finding a job in The Vampire State is impossible
3- I'd really like it if would stop raining

Kelise

Maester
1. Just discovered this: Pillow Talk - JOANNAMONTGOMERY.COM -
Pillow Talk is a project aiming to connect long distance lovers. Each person has a pillow for their bed and a ring sensor which they wear to sleep at night. The sensor wirelessly communicates with the other person’s pillow; when one person goes to bed, their lover’s pillow begins to glow softly to indicate their presence. Placing your head on the pillow allows you to hear the real-time heartbeat of your loved one.

2. This made me crack up today: http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lsbanckllQ1qzzgeuo1_500.png - oh comic sans, you're such a joke.

3. Slightly annoyed that running competition on the site Lana (Fodwocket) owns has only generated three entries. It's a FREE BOOK. Postage to anywhere in the world! To enter all they need to do is ramble! WHYYY WON'T MORE PEOPLE ENTER?

Emeria

Scribe
1. Am very happy that my computer is fixed. It had been broken for a few months due to what I think is a nasty virus and I just got a recovery CD, so I was able to fix everything and now I can write on it.

2. I've been watching lots of Baten Kaitos videos today (and yesterday) and I've been amused at those. Which reminds me that I still haven't finished the game yet. And that my avatar is currently of the awesome Lyude (who is, by the way, male).

3. Thinks that it is awesome to see another Katharine who spells her name with an a.

Argentum

Troubadour
Almost ready to start writing again! While on my writing break i've been collecting a huge amount of brilliant plot ideas. I've created as much as I can, planned as much as I could. Just a wee bit more then BOOM I shall start writing with passion! I dont know if I want to wait until November to write like crazy. Soon, my dear book, soon......

The weather here is simply brilliant! Who wants to be indoors? One of the reasons why I'm buying a net book, so I can write while being outside! Buahahaha

Ahem! Semi-finals here at work. Hardly half the students are showing up because they're studying. I can't complain. Slow week. Very nice.

1. I just finished the first draft of chapter 30! Only 4-5 chapters (plus epilogue) to go!

2. I'm beginning to recognize my writing groove. I was about halfway through ch30 tonight when I started writing, and the first several paragraphs, ugh, it all felt awful. Then I realized that suddenly I was 3,000 words further along and it all felt good! I'm sure it's crap, the first try is always crap, but this is why I need a good chunk of time to actually write if I'm going to be productive. I seem to be the most productive late at night, after everyone else has gone to bed. Which means I don't get enough sleep (kids have me up by 7:30 at the latest every day).

3. I'm not a fan of Apple, I don't like Apple, I didn't like Steve Jobs, but I'm kind of sad that he's dead.

1. Been inactive on this site for a while. Got kind of busy at home and work. Hows everyone doing?

2. Coffee is good.

3. Just realized I never read book two of Tamora Pierce's Becca Cooper series. I need to do that. Book one was awesome.

Johnny Cosmo

Inkling
1. University work is a headache.
2. I haven't done anything productive for about a year.
3. "Coffee is good." - Joe the Gnarled.

Fnord

Troubadour
1. Halloween is coming up which means my annual reprieve from adulthood by playing dark music for an audience of various undead.

2. Bought Dragon Age II as a short bridging of the gap until Skyrim comes out. It makes me pine for the days when I was younger and could just sit in my dungeon and play a video game for eight straight hours.

3. I don't have to go to the in-laws for Thanksgiving or Christmas this year, which means I might have more time to dedicate to reliving my childhood per #2. :p