• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Three Things Thread

Argentum

Troubadour
Counting down to Nano. I bought a new netbook and all sorts of cool accessories in preparation, only it won't be here by the time Nano starts... pooh! Ah well, I'll be writing at work and at home. I just kinda hoped to be able to start nano on my beautiful little netbooky! <3

The weather was so darn hot for months and months, and then boom, suddenly fall is over. I wish autumn would draw itself out over the course of many months, before it dropped to arctic temperatures. Still, it's not summer any more and I love it!

Dear God, I hate children! No, no I don't, but I guess it's my fault for having a job that works with them. Business is going well, too, which leaves me dealing with 20 students at a time. Most of them are boys and you know how boys hate sitting still or being quiet. Tsk.

I just started a new job two and a half weeks ago, and I'm already worried I don't like it. I came from a place that was a bit more relaxed - here they're all drones, and I don't want to become one.

I'm very excited to go furniture shopping for my new apartment. I have the colour scheme and general decor chosen for my new bedroom (black, white and red), and I'm REALLY looking forward to the office space I have set up in my mind.

I love my cat, she's kind of my personal familiar, but her whining is kind of driving me nuts tonight. Hope she quiets down soon!

This thread is awesome, and I couldn't let it get pushed to the next page!

I'm fired up for the Bama-LSU game tonight. It's not often that you get to watch the national championship in November. I'm a huge Alabama fan, so the last few years have been pretty exciting. Oh and in case I haven't mentioned this elsewhere... I kinda love sports.

I have something of a self-confidence issue and it's very annoying. Not an attractive trait in anybody. (Also, I tend to be pretty introspective sometimes. Don't like that either.) So naturally, I've never liked anything I've written in the past... I assumed I couldn't write. Which brings me to my next point...

This site's been amazing! Everybody on here is so nice and supportive. And I know I'm probably on here too much, so sorry if it annoys anybody haha. I normally would be very busy during the week, but since I can't make the varsity basketball team anymore (My freshman year my school got a new basketball coach who "encouraged players who already wanted to play together"- read: recruited. I'm pretty good, but I'm 5'11'' and white, and we had five people sign division I scholarships last year, and two more sign with smaller schools. We will win state this year anyway.) and homework really isn't my thing, so I have a solid amount of free time at the moment.

Johnny Cosmo

Inkling
And I know I'm probably on here too much, so sorry if it annoys anybody haha.

I find myself on these forums a lot too, usually to put off doing important stuff. It's a shame it's not more active here, because more often than not there's nothing much for me to comment on.

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
I find myself on these forums a lot too, usually to put off doing important stuff. It's a shame it's not more active here, because more often than not there's nothing much for me to comment on.

I feel the same way. I'm not sure if it's sad or silly that it feels like some of the most active threads involve questions such about the use of Italics or Epilogues and not more specific issues of writing and story construction. But there's just not many threads you can really keep involved with.

Johnny Cosmo

Inkling
I feel the same way. I'm not sure if it's sad or silly that it feels like some of the most active threads involve questions such about the use of Italics or Epilogues and not more specific issues of writing and story construction. But there's just not many threads you can really keep involved with.

Yeah, those really specific threads are hard to get involved in. I also notice a lot of new member or chat activity, which is even less engaging. And then there's the Mythic Worlds category, which I'm sure is more interesting to those who take part, but I don't. I wish there was more going on in the world-building, writing questions, and research forums!

Fall is so great, everything is better in the Fall. It's about 60 degrees right now and everything looks so beautiful! It reminds me that I kinda like where I live, despite the boringness (ok that's probably not a word).

Just ran a mile in school and have a game tonight... which would be great normally. However, at the moment I'm really sick and am coughing like crazy. Looking forward to my first experience with Bronchitis Basketball...

I'm pretty scared about life after college. Looking forward to college though. Just seems like it will be so stressful seeing as my life has always been pretty easy, but sometimes I'm still overwhelmed.

I move into my new apartment this weekend, and I'm a little nervous about it. It's the first time I'll have lived on my own in four years.

It turns out I have a knack for saying the right thing to make the office's biggest grump relax and share a joke or two for a few hours.

As much as I'm enjoying the warmer weather here of the past couple of days, it makes getting dressed in the morning a challenge and I'm actually looking forward to a consistently cold temperature :p

Good luck with the move; I actually like moving and setting up in new places from time to time.

MINE:

* UFC is live and free on FOX instead of PPV for the first time. Saves me $50 as I'm an addict.

* Just finishing a LONGGGGG historical memoir from the same publishing company that published my first novel. Called Madhinga Bucket Boy, it takes place in Rhodesia. Usually when I read this type of material, I know something about the area and history. This time, it's all new. Lots of learning. Powerful book about the realities of that region.

* Quarterly bonuses came in today. Aside from some bigger plans for the $$$, I'm most excited to by the last HP movie on Friday on DVD and to take the girlfriend out to see Immortals. Then, on Saturday, I'm going to get us a room downtown at the Four Seasons, do a fancy dinner, and take her to see the Lion King on stage to make up for Immortals in case she doesn't like it!!

Sparkie

Auror
I'm thinking about how i'm going to waste my first four day weekend in years. On saturday I have to play a gig for free in some little town not far from here, but other than that my slate is clean. It's a little intimidating, really. I should spend the entire time writing, visiting family, or doing something constuctive. And I know that's not going to happen. So I wonder; just where does all the wasted time go? Is it the same place that all the lost left socks go? Never mind me, on to the next topic.

Jay Cutler's broken thumb is on my mind. Just when thinks were going well, this happens. Oh well. Being a Bears fan means you're miserable most of the time anyway.

I spent some time with my nine year old nephew recently. The older he gets, the more I appreciate being an uncle. When entertaining your neice\nephew gets annoying, you can just send them home. Awesome. Not that i'm complaining. He's a great kid, my nephew. But after a full day of being run ragged by a half-pint with the energy of a nuclear power facility I'm ready to crash.

Sparkie, on the Jay Cuter thing, that does suck. I like him and people are way too hard on him, so I'm mad about it despite the fact that it helps my Falcons.

I'm fired up about the break, not only to get away from school but also because so many friends are coming back to town! My brother is coming back tomorrow and I'm hanging out with another friend today that I haven't seen in months.

What is better than Thanksgiving? It's a holiday to do nothing but stuff yourself with pounds of delicious food and hang out with friends and family. And three days off from school? Icing on the cake.

My turn!

I will say, in addition to the three bits to follow, I have to tip my hat to the person who initially said that coffee is good. Coffee is lovely. Truer words are seldom spoken.

1. I already own seven guitars, two amplifiers and a whole bunch of effects pedals. I can think of at least two more guitars I want, another amp unit and at least one effects modulator that I intend to get at some point. It's an addiction, I think. Guitar is my weapon of choice right alongside language and I can't put it down.

2. I've been a martial artist since age eight.

3. Post-college life is so much cooler than I thought it would be and I still don't feel my age (23). I feel much younger and full of energy than I thought I would.