• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

A new way to bring in the new year.

hppavmx704

Dreamer
First of all I wanted to say hi to everyone and a big thank you to all of those who actively participate in the forums. I am thrilled to be a part of a writing community and look forward to all of the constructive cirticism I will recieve.

A little about myself; I am 23 years old and have been writing for as long as I can remember. I am in the Army Reserves, and have done a tour to Afghanistan. I work as a Dettention Officer (jailer) at a county jail.

Sparkie

Auror
Welcome! I suppose this question is stupid, but how do you feel your experiences in life have influenced your writing?

hppavmx704

Dreamer
Well, I have seen battle first hand so that'll help when I write a battle scene. Also some of the other things that I have seen with helicopter movements. I believe that I will be able to take the things that I have seen and put them in a SF/F story. Sorry if this sounds horribly thought out I just woke up and am still trying to actually wake up.

Sparkie

Auror
Well, I have seen battle first hand so that'll help when I write a battle scene. Also some of the other things that I have seen with helicopter movements. I believe that I will be able to take the things that I have seen and put them in a SF/F story. Sorry if this sounds horribly thought out I just woke up and am still trying to actually wake up.

I know the feeling. I'm a second-shift worker, and I can never seem to get enough sleep.

When you have something you feel is ready for the Showcase forum, please post. Everyone here is really helpful. My own writing has improved since I joined, and I hope yours does too.